I need some advice

MIKEC501

Established Member
ok I just got my b.f. 2.76 and 4 idlers today. my only mod so far is a k&n fipk. now my question. is it ok to put the pulley's on and get a tune or do I need to wait and get exhaust 1st then do pulley's and a tune? if I do the pulley's and tune and then later get exhaust will I need another tune?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would install everything at once and then do the tune. I wouldn't personally do a 2.76 upper without upgrading the exhaust anyway. Too much restriction with the stock exhaust.

MIKEC501

Established Member
yes that is what I was thinking also. but I am haveing a problem decideing on a exhaust I like I dont want a real loud one and most ive herd are loud. but is it true that our stock h-pipes flow ok?

SVT_4_me

Established Member
MIKEC501 said:
yes that is what I was thinking also. but I am haveing a problem decideing on a exhaust I like I dont want a real loud one and most ive herd are loud. but is it true that our stock h-pipes flow ok?

you might like the Borla 14858 catback... it is not very loud but sounds deep and throaty under throttle. and yes, the stock h-pipe flows ok. here is a clip from my dyno pull. it's kinda hard to hear the exhaust but at least you get an idea. i have the stock h-pipe...

th_MOV02669.gif

MIKEC501

Established Member
SVT_4_me said:
you might like the Borla 14858 catback... it is not very loud but sounds deep and throaty under throttle. and yes, the stock h-pipe flows ok. here is a clip from my dyno pull. it's kinda hard to hear the exhaust but at least you get an idea. i have the stock h-pipe...

th_MOV02669.gif

I cant hear much over the whine but it doesn't sound real loud. do you get much bubbleing and popping on decelleration? I had a bassani or x and a magnaflow catback on my last cobra and hated it so I switched in some bassani mufflers and it sounded better but it was kinda loud.

SVT_4_me

Established Member
MIKEC501 said:
I cant hear much over the whine but it doesn't sound real loud. do you get much bubbleing and popping on decelleration? I had a bassani or x and a magnaflow catback on my last cobra and hated it so I switched in some bassani mufflers and it sounded better but it was kinda loud.

no, there is no popping whatsoever. the tone is very nice and deep, but not too loud.

SVT_4_me

Established Member
mine was on my car when i bought it, but i think they are around $600-$700. i am not sure though. if you want i can get a better sound clip later for you.

MIKEC501

Established Member
SVT_4_me said:
mine was on my car when i bought it, but i think they are around $600-$700. i am not sure though. if you want i can get a better sound clip later for you.

sure if you would. thanks

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I did quite a bit of research on catbacks and midpipes back when I had my '03. Originally I had a Magnaflow catback and Magnaflow catted X-pipe. It was way too loud for me. Popped like heck. My wife and I couldn't even carry on a conversation in the car. So I listened to a number of catbacks (decided to stick with the X-pipe at the time) and tried the Steeda catback (made by Borla). Perfect (for my tastes). A bit quieter than the Maggie, no popping, and it had a nice bark at WOT. I never tried another catback. I have to admit, though, that I could never get used to the X-pipe. I just didn't like the exotic tone. Had I kept the Cobra I would have eventually switched to an MRT catted H-pipe. JMO. Exhaust setups are VERY dictated more by personal tastes.

Users who are viewing this thread