I need Help!!!

dsgmach77

Established Member
Hey guys I have a problem. My dad has an 07 vette, and I have an 03 mach1. Im tired of him putting it in my face that his car is faster. Right now all I have is pypes catless x-pipe, with mac 2.5 catback and an intake. But what I was wonder was is it cheaper do more stuff to the mach or I really want an 03-04 cobra. In the next couple of months Im going to pay alot extra on the mach so if I trade it in I wont owe as much. So I guess should I keep the mach or in a couple of months get the cobra?

Thanks for any help.

P.S. Im really tired of hearing him tell me all fords are slow.

dormeas

Established Member
Well..... let me tell you most all of my friends are nothing but LS1 nutswingers. So I have heard all the same stuff back when I had my 03 Mustang GT. Last spring I sold the GT and this fall I bought the Cobra. It will straight leave most of their cars from a roll race so now all I hear is. "Well of course you won, your car has a blower on it. Lets put a blower on my LS1 and see what happens." I just laugh and say do it... they are good guys and great friends. Just happen to be Chevy lovers.

So if your Dad is any the same I would think about it. If you want a Cobra get that. If you like you Mach 1 keep it and pay it off. I personally have always wanted a Cobra so I figured I should buy it now before I have kids and other responsibility. If you like your Mach but really want to smoke your Dad, put a 100 shot on it and powershift your way to victory.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Is your pops vette a Z06?, Cause if it is, your going to need an 03-04 cobra and then some.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
It would be cheaper for you in the long run to sell the Mach and get the Cobra.

The reason being it the weak point in the Mach is the rotating assembly. You will have to build a new short block if you want to make any good power in the Mach and the Cobra already has a good block to begin with.

With just a few mods you can have close to 500 RWHP in the Cobra and still not be close to the limits of the stock block. If you desire more you can get a twin screw and easily get 600 RWHP and still be just fine with the block.

I suggust you read through some threads and get yourself aquainted with these cars and you will see the light.

Oh and Welcome. :beer:

dsgmach77

Established Member
Thanks for all the info. Ya I knew a little about the 03-04 cobra. I had a Firehawk, then I got an 06 GTO. And I was just so made that the cobras could kick my ass with just simple bolt-ons. But my big mistake was listening to someone that told me the mach 1 has forged internals like the cobra did. Ive alwasy had LS motored car but alwasy wanted a cobra. I guess now I need to go get one. So what is the first thing to do to the cobra when I get it?

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Thanks for all the info. Ya I knew a little about the 03-04 cobra. I had a Firehawk, then I got an 06 GTO. And I was just so made that the cobras could kick my ass with just simple bolt-ons. But my big mistake was listening to someone that told me the mach 1 has forged internals like the cobra did. Ive alwasy had LS motored car but alwasy wanted a cobra. I guess now I need to go get one. So what is the first thing to do to the cobra when I get it?
Well I know a lot of people jump right into the power mods first but I went with MM FL subframe connectors and IRS and diff braces along with some diff bushings.

From there most go with a smaller pulley and intake and exhaust combo.

You may be able to find a Cobra with some of these mods already done. There are quite a few nice cars to be had if you look. Might want to try looking in "The Market" section.

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
Hey guys I have a problem. My dad has an 07 vette, and I have an 03 mach1. Im tired of him putting it in my face that his car is faster. Right now all I have is pypes catless x-pipe, with mac 2.5 catback and an intake. But what I was wonder was is it cheaper do more stuff to the mach or I really want an 03-04 cobra. In the next couple of months Im going to pay alot extra on the mach so if I trade it in I wont owe as much. So I guess should I keep the mach or in a couple of months get the cobra?

Thanks for any help.

P.S. Im really tired of hearing him tell me all fords are slow.

Just tell you father that you are not going through a mid life crisis and that you do not need a vette to show the world how small your penis is. He will leave you alone.
If that doesn't work buy a Cobra and get some simple boltons and pecker slap him when you fly bye.

h82luz

beer drinker
Established Member
Just tell you father that you are not going through a mid life crisis and that you do not need a vette to show the world how small your penis is. He will leave you alone.
If that doesn't work buy a Cobra and get some simple boltons and pecker slap him when you fly bye.

:lol:LMFAO

Users who are viewing this thread