I need a new PCV/Vac hose...advice?

mpm

Established Member
Yep, apparently letting the computer "reset" by disconnecting the battery made the difference. (Not the solution, but it allowed the computer to relearn with the new IAC, TPS settings, etc.)

900 mile round trip with no issues and still running fine. Just got to take care of a TOB squeal now...

Apparently I am following in your footsteps. Do you recall the Ford part number for the entire hose and pcv assembly? I need to order this and don't care for the lincoln dealership near my work, so I want to have an exact part number. The picture was hard to read.

Thanks.

Apparently I am following in your footsteps. Do you recall the Ford part number for the entire hose and pcv assembly? I need to order this and don't care for the lincoln dealership near my work, so I want to have an exact part number. The picture was hard to read.

Thanks.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/11781022-post2.html

Got 'em in stock for $32.66 plus shipping, P/N 2R3Z-6C324-AA. This comes with a few of the rubber elbows as well.

Thanks

Mike R

svtjoe123

Termin8r
Established Member
My car did the same low idle-stall thing after I replaced the elbow. I'm guessing that the ECU had learned to idle the car around the vacuum leak, so disconnecting the ground on the battery resets this learned memory.

Users who are viewing this thread