I need a new diet

Wawful

Established Member
So I found out today that the reason I'm sick all the time is because of a laundry list of food allergies. Anyone else with similar problems have any advice? I love to eat so I was pissed to find out that I can no longer eat c
orn
milk
garlic
mustard
oranges
peanuts
potatoes
rice
soybeans
tomatoes
walnuts
or any wheat products
I trust that the guys that know their way around a kitchen will throw some interesting suggestions my way.

Thanks in advance dudes

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
You gonna wither away now.. When did you find out you were allergic to all that stuff? Are you severely allergic to those said items, like swelling up and choking etc.

Wawful

Established Member
I've already lost almost 20 pounds, problems started about a year and a half ago, but i just chocked it up to stress, i have rashy flaky skin/ eczema around my eyes and i get insane congestion, meaning i cant move any air whatsoever through my nasal cavities, i sneeze hundreds of times a day, my eyes itch and are watery all the time. I also have sever fatigue and constant achy joint pain, this is not normal for a 20 year old so don't blame it on my age haha. And basically every time i ate ,what seemed like anything, would make me feel like shit versus the normal satisfaction of a meal. I have other digestive problems that i'm sure you guys don't care much to hear about haha

itSSlow98

Established Member
With all of those food allergies its probably in your best interest to consult with a nutritionist if you havent done so already.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
I've already lost almost 20 pounds, problems started about a year and a half ago, but i just chocked it up to stress, i have rashy flaky skin/ eczema around my eyes and i get insane congestion, meaning i cant move any air whatsoever through my nasal cavities, i sneeze hundreds of times a day, my eyes itch and are watery all the time. I also have sever fatigue and constant achy joint pain, this is not normal for a 20 year old so don't blame it on my age haha. And basically every time i ate ,what seemed like anything, would make me feel like shit versus the normal satisfaction of a meal. I have other digestive problems that i'm sure you guys don't care much to hear about haha

It's ok, no need for further details.. Are you gonna be allergic to them forever, or is it something that you will get over with in time? Well hope everything gets better for you and you can go back to eating the way you like/want. :beer:

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Seek the help of a dietician, they can structure meals for you. Over time you will understand the food combos that you like to eat and expand from there. My sister, 46, has serious food allergies, she had to reinvent her diet. She's lean and cut though, looks great for her age.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Definitely see a good dietitian. A nutritionist is recommended as well. A new, structured diet will take getting adjusted to, but in due time you'll start to feel better. I have a friend who is allergic to gluten. He has to watch his diet very carefully but he now knows what he can and cannot eat, so he is just careful when ordering food at restaurants and eating out. Once you're on a new diet, stick to it, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread