I need a favor, and you can save some $!

emerica4601

KCCO!
Established Member
What's up guys,

I've been looking to pay off my college tab and put down a nice chunk towards a house. I joined partnership with a company called Stream Energy, and could use your customer credit to help me out!

If everybody has been listening to the news lately, you would know that PECO and PPL have divided up their sales into subdivisions. You can now purchase your Energy bill through one of these sub companies to save money.

That's the plain and simple. Stream Energy has the lowest kw/h rate out of all the companies. NO sign up fee, no cancellation fee. PECO or PPL still do your services. They still check your meter. They still come to your house for issues. The only thing that changes, is your lower bill.

I'll stop right there. Check out my link to get some more information, or just read the paper. My parents have saved $26 per month, and others have saved up to $49.

Help a local MACA member out and save some money at the same time!

http://joenyahay.mystreamenergy.biz

Thanks!

Joe :banana: :coolman:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Smeco is already pretty good man. It's a not for profit, so we get money back at the end of the year if they charged the people at large to much money. Not that you shouldn't look into it, but I'd be surprised if it was much better.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
While the KW/H goes lower, arent the distribution charges greater?

It was my understanding that other companies get charged lower KW/h rates from generation from Exelon (PECO's parent company) but they pay the premium to use PECO's distribution network.

Last edited:

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
For you Marylander's, don't sing anything until you research these multi-level-marketing groups. Some will actually make you sign a contract, have high early termination fees, and horrible customer service. They just take over the billings and have nothing to do with the lines and maintenance. I know nothing of VA or PA groups like this one here.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Yeah, deregulation actually turned out to be a bad idea. I'll stick with smeco, they've been good to us so far.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
For you Marylander's, don't sing anything until you research these multi-level-marketing groups. Some will actually make you sign a contract, have high early termination fees, and horrible customer service. They just take over the billings and have nothing to do with the lines and maintenance. I know nothing of VA or PA groups like this one here.

In PECO (PA) territory they dont take over the billing. Peco still does it.

wheelhopper

Established Member
My provider is BG&E. There kw rate was high so I switched it to another company and saved about 2 cents per kw. BG&E is terrible for pricing, I wish I had SMECO.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Well, from my understanding, while you are paying less for the electric generation, you still pay peco about 15.88 +/- cents per kWh for billing, distribution, line upkeep ect..

Also, most of these companies have a variable rate that has the potential to raise higher then the expected 5% increase in rates from PECO.

Id love to see a sample bill from them to see total KW/h used VS total cost of the bill.

Also, its PA Power Switch - Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread