I need a clutch that is easy on the leg

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
What would you guys suggest for a good clutch that wouldn't be any stiffer compared to the stock 03/04 application? Torque on the car shouldn't be any higher than 500wtq. Any input would help.

Thanks! :beer:

Teej281

Established Member
^you're kidding! My best friends cobra has a spec 3+ in it and that thing is heavy. Would a centerforce dual friction be enough for 500rwtq? I think it's good for like 550tq and has an awesome pedal feel.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
^you're kidding! My best friends cobra has a spec 3+ in it and that thing is heavy. Would a centerforce dual friction be enough for 500rwtq? I think it's good for like 550tq and has an awesome pedal feel.

+1, i have the spec 3, its a little heavy, I like it though. I would think the centerforce would be just fine!

bb97gt

Established Member
My Fidanza 4.3 actually seems lighter then the stocker, I have always been satisfied with Fidanza products, I would go for a 3.2 if I were you.

Maybe your friend doesn't work out like me and has chicken legs? :shrug: Or he didn't get the lightweight clutch option like I did. :read:

Last edited:

xfrosty63x

Established Member
Anything has to be better than the stock clutch on my car. If I'm tired, it becomes even worse. Almost impossible sometimes.

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
Thanks for the quick responses guys. So a dual friction Centerforce or Fidanza 4.3 both seem to be a little more tame compared to stock, and 01cobravortech is actually pushing the clutch peddle in with his overly strong penis. Sounds good, I'll check into those two for sure. Any vendors have good deals on them right now?

Bad03Vert

Hello 5.0
Established Member
I have the Centerforce DFX clutch in mine and the pedal effort is almost identical to my '08 GT which had hydraulic. The pressure plate is the same as the Dual Friction kit with ball bearings, but the sintered iron disc has a little more bite. I'd go with either depending on how much torque you're putting out. I've owned SPEC products in the past before they offered a lightweight pedal option; two out of the three I owned chattered like a SOB.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick responses guys. So a dual friction Centerforce or Fidanza 4.3 both seem to be a little more tame compared to stock, and 01cobravortech is actually pushing the clutch peddle in with his overly strong penis. Sounds good, I'll check into those two for sure. Any vendors have good deals on them right now?

lol Thank you for recognizing where my true power comes from. :beer: All joking aside, I think a lot of guys forget to order or are not aware that the Spec 3+ comes with a lightweight clutch option and that makes the difference in how that pedal is going to feel.

Fat-cat

Established Member
my spec3+ is like a feather compared to the stock clutch. Light pedal option of course.

monX

Established Member
I have a Spec 3+ It's fairly light but I'm not sure if I have the light pedal option as I wasn't aware there is such one when I purchased.

What exactly does the light pedal option change?

Also OP, my buddy has the Dual Friction on his which he let me drive and I can confirm it is slightly lighter than Spec 3+

Last edited:

Teej281

Established Member
Yea, I'm interested to know what the light pedal effort changes. My buddy must not have ordered the light pedal option cus that fugger is stiff as hell!!! You'd be fool not to opt for that option IMHO! Still nothing like a twin disc though ;)

02reaper

Established Member
lol Thank you for recognizing where my true power comes from. :beer: All joking aside, I think a lot of guys forget to order or are not aware that the Spec 3+ comes with a lightweight clutch option and that makes the difference in how that pedal is going to feel.

Just curious to why spec would make a heavy pedal vs light pedal option? If they both perform the same, who in the hell would want a heavy pedal, and why not just make the light version? Not busting on you or anything, but maybe you have more insight on this.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Just curious to why spec would make a heavy pedal vs light pedal option? If they both perform the same, who in the hell would want a heavy pedal, and why not just make the light version? Not busting on you or anything, but maybe you have more insight on this.

^ I agree 100%! It does seem wasteful to market both versions, unless the "heavy pedal option" is actually stronger in some way.:??:

IRACEMYCOPCAR

Cobra driver
Established Member
My Fidanza 4.3 actually seems lighter then the stocker, I have always been satisfied with Fidanza products, I would go for a 3.2 if I were you.

DO NOT BUY A FIDANZA!!!!! I just got my car and the previous owner put a 3.2 in it 4000mi ago and its the biggest POS on the planet..... Slips in EVERY gear on my car that dynoed 455rwhp. Ive heard NOTHING good about fidanza clutches..... As a matter of fact i was browsing on here because im about to rip it out this weekend and launch it through CJ PONY's front window..... Its being replaced by either a centerforce dual friction or SPEC stage 3

justice

Established Member
Spec 3+ Light pedal option

Best mod ever.

I can drive all day without leg cramps
Lightest pedal feel of any clutch in any car I have owned

You need to get used to the metal on metal disc
Some chatter at the begininig, but that wears off once you get used to it.
Can't say enough about this clutch set up

This is a centerforce after proper breakin and one 1/4 mile run

clutch004.gif

clutch001.gif

clutch007.gif

The Spec 3 just grabs and holds.

Justice

Users who are viewing this thread