I moved to the dark side...

CobraTone

Established Member
Sad but true, i traded the Cobra yesterday for an 04 z06. Never, ever thought I would do it, but after driving my dad's vette I just got hooked. I guess I was just looking for a level of refinement that the cobra didn't really offer. Don't get me wrong, i absolutely love the cobra and always will, it has my utmost respect, but the z06 is just bad a$$. I have a really good job now that i'm done with grad school so i went ahead and made the deal. It's so nice to drive down the road with the radio off and not hear a single rattle, tick, clink, clank, or clunk.

Now I know all you KB guys and a lot of you pullied guys will be whooping up on me, but like I said before, the refinement and the suspension are what attracted me most to this car. I'll be hanging around to keep up with you guys and whats going on in the stang world. But i have to go find out about this car too, don't know too much about it. Don't flame too much, I'll always have a chunk of cobra in me!!

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
I'll probably get flamed for this. But o well.

Congrats dude. I love the Cobras, but I also love the Z06s.
It's your money. Have fun with it. Give us some pics.:rockon:

dougwg

Established Member
"Real Motor Heads" will not flame you at all...Performance is Performance...

it's not like you traded your Cobra in for a Honda...

Mitch.Shea

Established Member
awww man nice not the best thing but it is what you like not us hope you and enjoy it and get beat by mustang owners. but hey u cant talk trash about mustangs now

Juiced-03

Established Member
Congrats on the new ride. I worked at Carmax long enough to see Z06's come in all the time for all sorts of problems. I personally worked on one that would keep turning over, even with the key in the off position LOL!!! The only way to shut it off was to unplug the battery, but by that time the starter was already fried. Another one blew a head gasket on my way to fill it up for a customer. Then the oddest thing happened to me,, I was in the tunnel car wash washing the Z for a customer when both windows rolled down in the middle of the wash!!! I got completely soaked and so did the car. Everytime I drive a GM something has to happen to me. Anyone ever see that movie Christine where the car tries to kill anyone but the owner?? LOL thats what it reminds me of :D

CobraTone

Established Member
Thanks guys. Like I said i love the cobras and one day i will have both.

I'll get some pics up for ya asap!:rolling:

CobraTone

Established Member
Originally posted by Juiced-03
Everytime I drive a GM something has to happen to me. Anyone ever see that movie Christine where the car tries to kill anyone but the owner?? LOL thats what it reminds me of :D

Remind me not to let you drive mine. ;-)

n0xlf

Established Member
As to your comment about refinement, I remember someone saying that the Cobra is nothing more than a race car with AC and a stereo...Definately not as refined as other cars, but still the best bang for the buck..

Enjoy the new ride!

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Congrats Bro!! I have said a few times before that I love the Z06. I think my Cobra is awesome . But, I will admit I will be switching to the Darkside as soon as the 05/06 Z06 model is released. No disrespect for the Cobra owners, I just go where the power is. Black03

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Originally posted by dougwg
"Real Motor Heads" will not flame you at all...Performance is Performance...

it's not like you traded your Cobra in for a Honda...

It's safe to say that the majority of folks here have a lot of respect for Z06's. They are amazing cars.

Congrats on the purchase. :beer:

It's nice having a car that weighs 3,100lbs isn't it? :)

BenD

Established Member
Ref: Cobra Tone Z-06 Purchase

Nothing wrong with the Z-06. Have to admit there is a degree of refinement that is not available in the Cobra, nor likely to be.

However, if and when you do decide to modify the car you will find every part that says "Corvette" on it is Gold Plated.

"RMCR" in Colo. Spgs., CO that does the work on my Cobra primarily work on and modify Camaros', Firebirds and Vettes. They're custom made Vortex Chargers for Vettes installed is a $10,000 package, minimum, Beautiful installation, I must admit, looks like it came from the factory. That's just for starters.

It takes at least, at the very minimum, $30,000 to exceed the Cobras' performance after the basic Cobra Modifications. In otherwords it will cost you about half as much to modify the Cobra as it does the Z-06. That's the big difference and for most folks cost can't be ignored.

Most of the 700 and 800 HP Z-06's here in our area have Vortex chargers sitting on top of a full Stroker Motors with all the top shelf parts rotating inside and tranny coolers, diff coolers and massive suspension mods.

The Mustang Cobra is the best bang for the buck to modify and be competitive with the best of 'em on the drag strip or Road course. I know I'm doing it, especially on the Road course. There is a lot of us that wouldn't be racing today if it wasn't for the Mustang, simply couldn't afford it.....me included!

Good luck with your Z-06. It is a great car, no doubt! I'm sure the new 500 HP version in '05 will be even better. and the Super Vette rumored to have 600+ HP in '06 or '07 will be even better. However it will be in the $100,000+ category, I'm sure of that!

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I think Z06's are awesome cars, still a decent bargain for the money and don't blame you a bit... They are great cars... Congrats... What color and let's see some pics?

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!

j/k. Good luck and don't turn into the typical vette owner. :lol:

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Yeah, what color?

Have fun with it while you can, you might be trading it back in on the next Cobra, lol.

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
Good luck with the Z06. While I don't mind the regular Vette coupe, I never did like the chopped off roof on the Z06, regardless of what engine it has in it. JMHO.

xVENOMx

straight boostin
Established Member
ya atleast its not a honda, its a performance car. come on dude lets see some pics

Users who are viewing this thread