I might get laid off. Need your help.

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
The mayor of Houston wants to lay off 238 firemen to fix the city's budget problems, and unfortunately I'm directly effected by this as I fall into that 238. We are going back and fourth with her, and are trying to make our voice heard trying to protect our jobs. All I ask of you is to 'Like' the following facebook page. I know 99% of the people who will read this are not effected by this in any way, but your support will help us tremendously.

Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

Last edited:

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
maybe she should voluntarily take a pay cut, and remove some un needed positions from her staff, in a show of effort on how committed she is at helping the community.

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
I really appreciate it guys. We all do. She's talking about cutting jobs all the while dropping 10mil on a soccer stadium and 300k+ on a sculpture.

It's really unfortunate for the residents. We have a very heavy fire load and if we get laid off, station closures WILL follow, which will probably result in deaths. But as long as we have a soccer stadium right?

I've worked at least 1 fire the past 5 times I've been on shift... And that's just 1 very small part of a huge city.

txyaloo

Established Member
I liked it the other day, but because of this thread, I'm going to unlike it.

Maybe you guys should get rid of your 10 stoves and 15 La-z-boys? Jolanda Jones is my hero.

Users who are viewing this thread