Established Member
No problem with UPS here...

5455124078_cf3eb3027e_z.jpg

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Definitely please post a sound clip, I'm trying to decide what to do myself!

justthebest

Driving like it's my job
Established Member
Stock cats?

Yep

i can borrow to see how loud on my o/r x???

Haha, I'll think about it.

don't we all... them and fedex are "bringers-of-goodies." LOL!

Amen.

+1, they rape me here in Hawaii

I spend part of the year in Kona - I hear that!

No problem with UPS here...

5455124078_cf3eb3027e_z.jpg

Had to re-post this for a second look. :beer:

Definitely please post a sound clip, I'm trying to decide what to do myself!

They should be on by tomorrow!!! :rockon:

sikryd

Established Member
I am reading it. Everyone has an opinion...:sleeping: For every one of you there are billions that are happy with what we do on a daily basis!

Wasn't this thread about exhaust or something? :beer:

The title was I love UPS...
Here is my opinion... I just paid $400 in shipping to Hawaii for an H/E, Programmer, spark plugs and pulley. Does that make you :sleeping:? it makes me :fm: Screw UPS and Fedex!

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
and Canada. Myself and all my buddies/co-workers refuse to use them.......and all of us on ebay, if we find an item and the seller only uses UPS, we simply find another seller. I hope UPS or an employee of is reading this!!!

yeah i know that about UPS and Canadian customers. i try to use usps whenever possible for my CA customers and if i cant then fedex.

i did like using UPS as well but theyre more expensive and certainly for international customers.

fedex actually has a killer shipping program for international. i just got a killer quote on shipping wheels/tires to CA for amazingly cheap and via 2 day air to boot!

OP im totally digging your stable. maybe except for the benz which id probably take something else instead :thumbsup:

GT500NN

Established Member
The title was I love UPS...
Here is my opinion... I just paid $400 in shipping to Hawaii for an H/E, Programmer, spark plugs and pulley. Does that make you :sleeping:? it makes me :fm: Screw UPS and Fedex!

Have you seen Jet fuel prices lately? Would it be cheaper for you to fly over yourself and pick it up? Why not just say screw Ford because you paid so much for you Shelby? The transportation industry (along with all other services industries) sets prices based on the market and what consumers are willing to pay.

USPS sets prices based on the fact that they are government ran. Did you know USPS lost six billion of our hard earned tax payer money last year?

sikryd

Established Member
Have you seen Jet fuel prices lately? Would it be cheaper for you to fly over yourself and pick it up? Why not just say screw Ford because you paid so much for you Shelby? The transportation industry (along with all other services industries) sets prices based on the market and what consumers are willing to pay.

USPS sets prices based on the fact that they are government ran. Did you know USPS lost six billion of our hard earned tax payer money last year?

UPS and Fedex charge by size, weight and destination to Hawaii. On top of that, 1st day air takes 2 days, 2nd day air takes 3 days, and ground takes 10 days. I still have to pay 1st and 2nd day prices, even though it does not arrive in the time I payed for. When I ship things from Hawaii I am not able to choose ground, but when shipping to Hawaii I can. How does that make sense?
I just paid $185 to ship in fuel line ($165) for my 67 Camaro, it weighed less than 2 pounds. Whatever, I still say screw UPS and Fedex. What can brown do for me? eat my shorts, thats what!

tommy s

Established Member
and Canada. Myself and all my buddies/co-workers refuse to use them.......and all of us on ebay, if we find an item and the seller only uses UPS, we simply find another seller. I hope UPS or an employee of is reading this!!!

+1 on that !!

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
UPS and Fedex charge by size, weight and destination to Hawaii. On top of that, 1st day air takes 2 days, 2nd day air takes 3 days, and ground takes 10 days. I still have to pay 1st and 2nd day prices, even though it does not arrive in the time I payed for. When I ship things from Hawaii I am not able to choose ground, but when shipping to Hawaii I can. How does that make sense?
I just paid $185 to ship in fuel line ($165) for my 67 Camaro, it weighed less than 2 pounds. Whatever, I still say screw UPS and Fedex. What can brown do for me? eat my shorts, thats what!

Why did you choose to do business with UPS? If someone else provides a better value, insist on using them instead. That's the only way to get their prices down...make the free market work in your favor.

However, if you are using them because you can't find a better deal elsewhere, perhaps the high cost is a function of the limited amount of 'supply' for shipping services and it simply reflects the expense of flying parts to Hawaii. It sounds to me like the root cause of the issue is your location, not your choice of carrier. UPS didn't tell you to live in Hawaii, did they?

Living there comes with its drawbacks. I think you made a wise choice by sacrificing expensive shipping on toys in exchange for living in paradise. Maybe one day I'll join you there :beer:

sikryd

Established Member
Why did you choose to do business with UPS? If someone else provides a better value, insist on using them instead. That's the only way to get their prices down...make the free market work in your favor.

However, if you are using them because you can't find a better deal elsewhere, perhaps the high cost is a function of the limited amount of 'supply' for shipping services and it simply reflects the expense of flying parts to Hawaii. It sounds to me like the root cause of the issue is your location, not your choice of carrier. UPS didn't tell you to live in Hawaii, did they?

Living there comes with its drawbacks. I think you made a wise choice by sacrificing expensive shipping on toys in exchange for living in paradise. Maybe one day I'll join you there :beer:

I didn't choose to live here, my parents did. I should make them pay for my shipping charges! Hahahaha...

Users who are viewing this thread