I love my state but.....

Tuyo

Whitexican Extraordinaire
Established Member
For millions of California homeowners, Saturday was a day that will live in infamy. Without a single public hearing, the California Assembly passed Assembly Constitutional Amendment No. 8 (ACA 8), the most egregious attack on Proposition 13 ever to come out of the Legislature.
ACA 8 would repeal Prop. 13's requirement that local "special taxes" (taxes intended for a specific purpose or purposes) be approved by a two-thirds vote. Instead, special taxes imposed for the repayment of local bonded indebtedness would be reduced to 55 percent. The ostensible justification for ACA 8 is to make it easier to finance local "infrastructure."

There are several reasons why ACA 8 will inevitably inflict severe harm on California homeowners. First, while state bonds are repaid out of the state's general fund -- into which most Californians contribute through income or sales taxes -- the same is not true for local bonds. Local bonds, usually referred to as "general obligation" bonds, are repaid exclusively by property owners. That means that voters who do not own property can vote to raise taxes on those who do. Read the rest of the reasons at The Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association

Read more: Bill Handel - KFI AM 640 More Stimulating Talk Radio

mike.b

Established Member
States I hate.....California, New York and Illinois. Unfortunately I live in IL so I feel your pain on BS legislation

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Every day I turn on Fox News or CNN and there is a special report, I always hope it is because KA finally sank into the ocean. No luck yet.

oldmodman

Established Member
Prop 13 saved my parents from possible having to sell their house to pay the property taxes. At the time it was passed they had just gotten a notice that next years tax would go up 23% to $7349.00 per year. After prop 13 the tax dropped back to $743.00 per year. And they were able to stay in their house until they both died.

Legislators hate anything that takes away their "right" to seize your money and property whenever they decide that they need to spend more money.

And has anyone noticed that the more money they intend to steal, the fewer gun rights they want the citizens to have?

I wonder what they could be worried about :shrug:

jrandy

Established Member
For millions of California homeowners, Saturday was a day that will live in infamy. Without a single public hearing, the California Assembly passed Assembly Constitutional Amendment No. 8 (ACA 8), the most egregious attack on Proposition 13 ever to come out of the Legislature.
ACA 8 would repeal Prop. 13's requirement that local "special taxes" (taxes intended for a specific purpose or purposes) be approved by a two-thirds vote. Instead, special taxes imposed for the repayment of local bonded indebtedness would be reduced to 55 percent. The ostensible justification for ACA 8 is to make it easier to finance local "infrastructure."

There are several reasons why ACA 8 will inevitably inflict severe harm on California homeowners. First, while state bonds are repaid out of the state's general fund -- into which most Californians contribute through income or sales taxes -- the same is not true for local bonds. Local bonds, usually referred to as "general obligation" bonds, are repaid exclusively by property owners. That means that voters who do not own property can vote to raise taxes on those who do. Read the rest of the reasons at The Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association

Read more: Bill Handel - KFI AM 640 More Stimulating Talk Radio

This state is so damn ass backwards sometimes. I really hope that the government does not completely destroy this state.

snakecharmer

Established Member
I simply don't understand why people tolerate it. If NC got that bad, I'd be out of here without so much as a f*** you to Raleigh. Honestly, IMO, that's the only thing that will work. The people with the money have to tell Kalifornicate and similar states to get bent, and then vote with their feet. Especially businesses.

Go Down South

Established Member
you might as well add Maryland to that list.. Talk about a waste of god's green earth

Now I'm not sure if it's true but my buddy who lives in MD just told me yesterday that if you live in MD and move to another state, they're trying to make a law as to where you still have to pay school taxes, even if you no longer live there.

Sounded pretty ****ing ridiculous to me and I'm not sure if he's right. Then I thought, well it is MD so it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
I would say move, but the amount of people fleeing their fubar states and bringing libtard ideals to successful ones is growing. It would be fine if they just brought their bodies and left the dumb ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread