I love my new job.

oldmodman

Established Member
Is that what you will be driving when there is snow on the ground?

Little P/U trucks are lacking in rear wheel traction:lol1:, even with chains.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Is that what you will be driving when there is snow on the ground?

Little P/U trucks are lacking in rear wheel traction:lol1:, even with chains.

a full size truck sucks the balls in snow while in 2wd only as well

CSD

Banned
I just got a job doing utility locating. After having a job at O'Reilly Auto Parts, then in Walmart unloading trucks, this job is just plain awesome.

My partner and I got yelled at by an old guy for parking on his lawn. It was covered in snow and we thought we were still on the road. We were only about 4 inches into his yard, and we weren't within what he apparently used to mark his lawn (buckets with bare fence posts sticking out of them).

After telling my boss, she said "When something like that happens, just give them my number because you guys don't get paid enough to take that. Say 'Here's my boss' number, she would love to hear your concern' and I will politely tell them to eat a dick."

FWIW, I wasn't a dick to the guy. When he approached us later, he started saying "Where do you guys live? Do you want me to park on your lawn?" I just told him that we didn't realize it was his lawn, and that I apologize.

This is great news! You're definitely moving up in the world by leaps and bounds Kyle. Hopefully in six months time you'll be the boss taking those phone calls and earning the big bucks. :beer:

DTSVT03

Why try?
Established Member
I know all to well about what type of enviroment you are working in with parking and locating and dealing with the customers. I work for a utility contract company that installs gas, water, and electric meters all across the country and we get to deal with all types of people, weather, and terrain. I worked in Billings for about 8 weeks in Jan/Feb of 2008 for MDU. We also did a lot of work in the Dakotas and Wyoming for MDU and Rocky Mountain Power.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
I took some pictures of where we were at for the first part of the day and yesterday. I'll try and post them up when I get home.

Users who are viewing this thread