I love my new job.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
I just got a job doing utility locating. After having a job at O'Reilly Auto Parts, then in Walmart unloading trucks, this job is just plain awesome.

My partner and I got yelled at by an old guy for parking on his lawn. It was covered in snow and we thought we were still on the road. We were only about 4 inches into his yard, and we weren't within what he apparently used to mark his lawn (buckets with bare fence posts sticking out of them).

After telling my boss, she said "When something like that happens, just give them my number because you guys don't get paid enough to take that. Say 'Here's my boss' number, she would love to hear your concern' and I will politely tell them to eat a dick."

FWIW, I wasn't a dick to the guy. When he approached us later, he started saying "Where do you guys live? Do you want me to park on your lawn?" I just told him that we didn't realize it was his lawn, and that I apologize.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
Turned out he didn't have one. Which is totally fine, we will just buy a new one. No biggie.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Are you doing mostly urban or rural as well?
Rural work would be awesome in "Big Sky Country".

Right now we are training. Today, we each had a job (called a ticket) along the highway that eventually leads to Yellowstone. Other than that, we have an ongoing project on the edge of town.

When we get towards the end of our training, we will each have our own section we are responsible for. A lot of it is in different sections of Bozeman, and one of the areas is in the Ennis area, which is a pretty large valley, and extends to the Idaho border.

However, there is another area that is from Big Sky (a ski resort town full of million dollar plus homes) and Yellowstone. That is the route I want, as we get paid for driving time and that would be an awesome area to work. However, I would have a pretty good view of the surrounding mountains no matter where I work.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Plus I get to drive this bitch! I'd do this job for free just to drive this. 2.3 liters of mayhem. It's even got a hat!

425178_10150670006543396_515078395_9178699_1276686569_n.jpg

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
are they hiring...i would love a job like that!

sadly i have never once been able to say i love my job lol

Users who are viewing this thread