I love my 4.30 gears.

svtsilversnake

DRIVER MODED
Established Member
Only problem is no interstate roll racing or your at a major disadvantage! Just keep it from a dig.

Yea I race a mach1 last night from a dig and and a roll. No offense to the guy but I was granny shifting a pulled 3 cars on him, but from a roll in 2nd for me and 1st for him only maybe a car or 2. SO deffinatly no roll racing for me lol im gonna post up the story in road kill soon.

DarkMesa8

4.6 Rookie, 5.0 Pro
Established Member
Damn that's a sweet pull, I was watching the speedo.

Anybody know of any videos of a 4.30+ car with a centri blower? I'm wondering what it would be like with my V2-SQ

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
I love my 4.30s as well. Night and day. Honestly I don't think 4.56s would be too unreasonable, I am glad I went 4.30 instead of 4.10.

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
4.56 gears are fine. You wont need a taller tire at the track. You will need on that hooks though.

sleepermobile

Established Member
Are you going from stock? Could you get some before/after vids, please? Thanks.

Yes I have stock gears now. Im putting in a new Eaton posi and 4 30s this coming weekend. I can do the videos if nothing breaks:bash: I just put on some MT ET streets and blow them off like nothing, now. If I roll out kinda easy and then go, it hooks really good though. Not sure whats gonna happen with the gears??? Maybe some 15 inch rims and MT slicks next.

luiSVT99

CoyoteFTW
Established Member
That will be insane, but do you plan on forced induction? That may be too much gear unless it's a track or weekend only car. Just curious? :beer:

don't fear the gear!! lol i don't plan long trips on the car just your regular DD with not to much highway miles, going 60 mph could be solved with some rock & roll :rockon:

You plan on tracking it? You better get a tall tire if you want some RPMs left for 4 gear at the finish line...

i'll run 275/40/17 nitto extreme drags for the streets and 26x10x15 Hoosier/MT Drags at the track

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
What would be the best all around gear for your 4v mod motors? I was thinking that 4.10's is the best all around gear but what about 3.90
s, but if you really think about 4.10's and 4.30's is not really a big difference. I want gear that i could drive everywhere and yet have the performance, i will do some highway driving but mostly street driven.

Users who are viewing this thread