I like everything about my car EXCEPT....

Alb Cobra

Established Member
I have had my fair share of rear end problems but mine have been the rear diff itself....had it swapped twice and the gears three separate times. My rear end whines at certain speeds under load. Never been able to get it to go away. I had a 01 GT before and even after all these issues with the rear end I won't swap out for a solid. JMO

BIGV

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
Well I couldn't take the clunk anymore brought it to my buddies shop and put it on the lift. He found the rear diff mount bushing was loose. It seems the bolt became loose and backed out almost completely. It was allowing the pumpkin to move up and down hence the clunk. Tightened it up and now there is not clunk at all it's like a brand new car.

Black Sex

Established Member
About 2 weeks after buying my car I broke the IRS. That made me so mad I took the rearend out the nextday and started ordering parts for a SRA swap. I didn't really notice a difference in the ride at first. After about two years, I realised I didn't dragrace the car as much as I thought I would, so I traded it for another IRS setup. After switching back to IRS, I really realised the difference in ride and handling quality. The IRS has a few upgraded pieces and it is noticable from the 1st IRS I had. Im glad I switched back. The best part of the IRS is the way the exhaust looks when its polished.

Users who are viewing this thread