I laugh at people selling supra's

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
Sweet, that car is something else, man! Have any plans to throw a nice set of HREs or Iforged wheels on it and really setting it off? :)

I think that thing would look insane with a nice set of 19" or 20" Iforged PS Classic 2s in hyper black like the white one on their site!

i luv the wheels i have and i am gonna buy a 2nd set of them if and when the stock market ever goes back up :lol:

they are Forged 1 piece BBS wheels that are lightweight and specifically made for racing. they are not the standard wheel on the GT. they are the optional wheels from the factory. Viper ACR wheels are Forged 1 piece BBS wheels that are lightweight and specifically made for racing as well. i trust my life with them. i plan on putting some stickier tires on the extra set when i turn the boost up

Last edited:

61mmstang94

Established Member
i luv the wheels i have and i am gonna buy a 2nd set of them if an when the stock market ever goes back up, lol.

they are Forged 1 peice BBS wheels that are lightweight and specifically made for racing. they are not the standard wheel on the GT. they are the optional wheels from the factory. i would trust my life with them at 260 mph. i plan on putting some stickier tires on the extra set when i put the whipple supercharger on the motor

Sick!

I understand the performance aspect of the wheels as there's no arguing that, I was just wondering because I think some of the wheels Iforged and HRE offer just look so sinister on the GTs.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
as much as you laugh at people selling supras at that price, i laugh harder at those that buy them at that price, as they are the true fools.

61mmstang94

Established Member
as much as you laugh at people selling supras at that price, i laugh harder at those that buy them at that price, as they are the true fools.

Why? It has one of the best factory engines and combined with the bulletproof drivetrain from the factory it has arguably the best potential for a high power car compared to anything else. ever seen how fast they are going with a stock 6-speed trans and IRS? Pretty sick.

Just because it's a rare car that holds value and has enormous performance potential doesn't mean people are stupid for paying good money for one in good shape. Not to mention it looks abou 943829849x times better than a mustang and many other cars when done right.

What I'm basically syaing is just because you can't afford it or don't like the car doesn't mean it's not worth the money if you want one of the best all around performance cars with looks to boot.

KingCobra10Sec

Project Cobra R in Progre
Established Member
Not this shit again. Who cares? Go away.
Don't post on my thread if you don't like it, Geek

ehh..waste of internetz
Then you just added to it HOMO

Why does it bother you??:shrug:
I like supra's but for the money there asking its ridiculous

Who cares? It's a free market and people can pay as supply and demand dictate. Why are you losing sleep over it? Can't afford one?
Can't afford one LOL, I have put 30k in my cobra in the last 12 months, next time argue with someone with a smaller wallet

you should post this on a Supra board, you may get the conversation you're searching for.
Actually I am member on Supraforums.com

It bothers the OP because he can't afford one so he's just mad.
Jerk off, I am picking up a Supra or a C6 this summer I am not paying a dime of 25k for the supra or find a 05/06 C6 for 30K.

61mmstang94

Established Member
Don't post on my thread if you don't like it, Geek

Then you just added to it HOMO

I like supra's but for the money there asking its ridiculous

Can't afford one LOL, I have put 30k in my cobra in the last 12 months, next time argue with someone with a smaller wallet

Actually I am member on Supraforums.com

Jerk off, I am picking up a Supra or a C6 this summer I am not paying a dime of 25k for the supra or find a 05/06 C6 for 30K.

Those are a lot of fighting words there, big guy! :dw:

Angry much? If you want to spend $25k on a supra with a decent body/interior you will either be looking forever or have to settle for something that has a lot of mileage and beat up. But considering there's plenty of them around 200k miles and making over 500+rwhp and still ticking away you will probably still be able to find something especially since the market for everything is taking such a hit.

KingCobra10Sec

Project Cobra R in Progre
Established Member
Angry much? If you want to spend $25k on a supra with a decent body/interior you will either be looking forever or have to settle for something that has a lot of mileage and beat up. But considering there's plenty of them around 200k miles and making over 500+rwhp and still ticking away you will probably still be able to find something especially since the market for everything is taking such a hit.[/QUOTE]

First off you can get one WAY Lower Mileage than 200K, and even 200k wouldnt be to bad since I'd plan on a Brian Crower built shortblock good to 1400RWHP for 5k, built tranny for 2K, and boost logic has a new compound boost kit 7k, then there the fuel and rear.

Sounds familiar to my turbo cobra build

Built Stroker 5.0 motor 8k
Tranny 3k with all accessories
Turbo Kit 6k + 3k in upgrades
Fuel 2k (damn 79lb injectors
Rear 1.5k

61mmstang94

Established Member
Angry much? If you want to spend $25k on a supra with a decent body/interior you will either be looking forever or have to settle for something that has a lot of mileage and beat up. But considering there's plenty of them around 200k miles and making over 500+rwhp and still ticking away you will probably still be able to find something especially since the market for everything is taking such a hit.

First off you can get one WAY Lower Mileage than 200K, and even 200k wouldnt be to bad since I'd plan on a Brian Crower built shortblock good to 1400RWHP for 5k, built tranny for 2K, and boost logic has a new compound boost kit 7k, then there the fuel and rear.

Rear 1.5k[/QUOTE]

Only difference is it's easy to pay for all that shit when you can buy different parts at different times.

Going to be a little harder to come up with a lump sum of cash for the supra since it will be rather difficult to finance such an old car for so much money in this economy.

no cigar

I want a $944 camera!
Established Member
Why? It has one of the best factory engines and combined with the bulletproof drivetrain from the factory it has arguably the best potential for a high power car compared to anything else. ever seen how fast they are going with a stock 6-speed trans and IRS? Pretty sick.

Just because it's a rare car that holds value and has enormous performance potential doesn't mean people are stupid for paying good money for one in good shape. Not to mention it looks abou 943829849x times better than a mustang and many other cars when done right.

What I'm basically syaing is just because you can't afford it or don't like the car doesn't mean it's not worth the money if you want one of the best all around performance cars with looks to boot.

I don't understand your (and many other) replies that insist that someone who ridicules a complete fool is "jealous". So somehow, when we poke fun at some pimply faced kid with a tore up body kit on his car, we are somehow "jealous" or otherwise envious of him?

The premium that bozo is asking for that car is due to market demand, which we all know in our current financial situation, is squat. But, alas, it'll be another dweller in the pages of Autotrader for the next few years. Only a fool would demand such a premium in a deflated market -- that is if his true intent is to sell the car(not testing the waters, or trying to "cash in" on some investment).

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
Sick!

I understand the performance aspect of the wheels as there's no arguing that, I was just wondering because I think some of the wheels Iforged and HRE offer just look so sinister on the GTs.

i have owned two sets of HRE wheels on two different corvettes and the valve stems on one set of them leaked despite replacing them. that is not safe at the speeds i drive.

in addition to the stock BBS wheels on my viper ACR i do have two sets of one-piece Forgeline VR-1 wheels that i race with and drive on the street. one set has hoosier R6 tires and the other set has Michellin Pilot Sport Cup tires :coolman:

Last edited:

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
BIG-GT.jpg

I would skeet all over your car.

f_rice

EFF GM AND CHRYSLER!!!!
Established Member

Rear 1.5k

1400 rwhp? WOW you could probably break into the 12's with that much theoretical horsepower. Supras are attractive novelty cars, but there are many more efficient ways of going faster.

Unless you want to throw on a Paul Walker wig and fight vin diesel

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
this doesn't shock me in any way, shape or form. People have got their heads so far up the Supra's butt they can't even see the light of day. Yeah, it was a nice car. No, it doesn't have any reason to hold 100% of it's value 15 years later. Reguardless of how people try to argue it being a good buy or whatnot, i'll never agree. It's a friggin car, no more no less. It depriciates, just as every other car. Maybe slower, BUT it's no exception. It still does.

Users who are viewing this thread