i just got an L need help...

=fast=

Established Member
Hey guys i just got a L i bought it from my brother, the L has no motor it just got heads that he bought it from a guy the heads are port n polish from psi motorsports, magnum powers, cnl plenum, manley rods n pistons everything new. The only thing missing is the block and i was wondering if a stock 5.4 block will work. Im asking these question cause a friend gave me an engine but i dont know what is it if is a 4.6 or 5.4 how can i know. I was going to buy a block from a dealer but they told me that they dont sell it anymore they just sell the shortblock.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The casting numbers on the block will tell you whether it is a 4.6 or 5.4. I'd just buy a built short block if I were you. MMR is having a sale on them now.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Easiest way is to measure the deck height, 5.4's are just over 10" and 4.6's are just under 9". Any 5.4 block can be used and will handle as much power as you can muster.

=fast=

Established Member
I will measure it, Thanks. I was thinking of buying a shortblock but since i just need the pistons i will just buy the pistons and build it. I wanted done is these month...

Users who are viewing this thread