I haven't posted here in a LONG time...

thundercoupe sc

I just wanted to know some info about the car, is that too much to ask?:D And how do you know if it'll blow by me by 60'? Not with IRS, trust me I've got one too, I know how hard it is too launch a car with IRS, and if he'll blow by me, I'll blow by you the same way:shocked:

VicRattlehead

NMRA M/M 7270
Established Member
Ill let Blown tell you about his ride, but trust me i know it will be fast. just out of curosity what are you short times? So far with with my stock bird im running 2.12 60' times. and my 1/4 time should be in the sig.

Blown306

Established Member
Originally posted by thundercoupe
What's the big deal about that t-bird? Why can't he drive it? It better not run no 14s with all these driving problems.

Don't worry, it won't!
engineclose.jpg

It's very uncomfortable to drive: sound deadener is out, racing seats, straight pipes, big cam and solid motor mounts = something you don't drive to a show over 100 miles away. Plus $3.60/gal @ 10mpg is no fun
either :sad

Tydlwavs

Parts God
Established Member
just catching up here...

The end is in sight...LMAO...I'm just reading up on the thread again. You're not gonna be done this year. I don't see an end to that project. It's gonna be a wicked car when it's done, I'll give you that. I'm sure when you get done "tuning" it's still gonna need a few parts. I am thinkin that our cars will end up in the shop for paint at about the same time. I'm looking forward to a nice paint job sooner or later. :mj: :mj: :mj: :mc: :mj: :mj: :mj:

Blown306

Established Member
I read ya....

LOL...I think you are right on target with that prediction! Might be in for paint next winter...does that sound about right for you too?

Tydlwavs

Parts God
Established Member
God, I hope not, but probably. I wanna get the other stuff addressed first...I would like to do paint before then, but God only knows.

Did I hear right that you got a lift??? Can you help me install my exhaust? Or would you be able to help me mess with a rollb bar if I ordered one like yours? I know it was a bitch and you tore a bunch of stuff out, but with two people and previous knowledge...I figured maybe you could gimme a hand...lemme know(just an idea for after the suspension).

Catch ya later

Blown306

Established Member
Yea...I got a Snap-On 7000lb 2 post lift. It's at the pole barn in Indiana though (right across the border). We can do your exhaust if you want, no problem. I'll have the '66 there though, so we may need to move it around a bit. When were you planning on doing it cuz I still need to get a new motor for it and maybe the valve...

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I think I have officially just creamed my jeans. That is the exact setup I want for my 'Bird 347 w/Blowzilla!!!!

Originally posted by Blown306

Don't worry, it won't!
engineclose.jpg

It's very uncomfortable to drive: sound deadener is out, racing seats, straight pipes, big cam and solid motor mounts = something you don't drive to a show over 100 miles away. Plus $3.60/gal @ 10mpg is no fun
either :sad

Blown306

Established Member
Originally posted by VicRattlehead
Jeff, speaking of exhaust???

Ummm yea...gotta get the fuel system done first. Judging by the way
things are going, it probably won't happen until after x-mas.:sad

Unless, :idea: I call the exhaust place and see if they can bend up my
system without the car, using the front half of the duals as a
template, then I can get it out sooner. Hmmm, I do need to get a
trailer to get the '66 over to the garage, so maybe I can just drag
it over!

I really can't remember who inquired about it first, so you and
Tydlwavs may need to duke it out or flip a coin or something. :bash:

Werty

Established Member
So long as we are all bugging Jeff, is a case of beer worth letting me use your EEC reader to find out why I got check lights in the cool air. You do have one right? I may have heard wrong but I thought I remember you saying you did in Blommington.

Last edited:

Blown306

Established Member
Mmmmmmmmm beeeeeeerrrrrrrr :D

No problem...except it's at the garage in Indiana. I'm going there
Sunday, I can bring it back with me. I'll get in touch with you
Sunday evening, if I'm back early enough we can hook up.

Tydlwavs

Parts God
Established Member
I got a few things to say...

First off, Werty, nice headlights..looks better. Were you on 63rd yesterday. I saw a car like yours heading East when I was heading West.

Second, Jeff raises and interesting point. I think as far as the coin toss goes...I'll let Keith flip the coin...then while it's up in the air I'll punch him in the nose and run off with the exhaust. I think that sounds fair.

Jeff, I have a set of hi-flo downtubes on the way. I know I asked you a while ago about the duals(Westmont), but I don't know who's gonna get the set. Once I have the downtubes I want to install the duals with em. Have you changed the path of the pipes? If they still exit at the rear of the car I'll take em. If they dump under the car I have to re-think it. I found a place that bends true duals for 540 with no downtubes. And they do stainless for 200 extra. Let me know what the deal is with the pipes now and I'll decide on how much over-bidding I need to do on em. I have no problem waiting for your old exhaust. Just let me know what the plan is.

If I can't get yours, I need to know cause I want to order the stainless duals with no mufflers and an X-pipe. I figure two cats are enough and the no mufflers and X-pipe will be a really distinct sound. I'll talk to ya soon. I mailed the membership today(finally got stamps). See ya around.

Werty

Established Member
Originally posted by Tydlwavs

First off, Werty, nice headlights..looks better. Were you on 63rd yesterday. I saw a car like yours heading East when I was heading West.

yeah I saw you, noone else has black cobra rims:rolling:

dretod1.jpg

Blown306

Established Member
Originally posted by Tydlwavs

Second, Jeff raises and interesting point. I think as far as the coin toss goes...I'll let Keith flip the coin...then while it's up in the air I'll punch him in the nose and run off with the exhaust. I think that sounds fair.

:bash: = :sh: !

Jeff, I have a set of hi-flo downtubes on the way. I know I asked you a while ago about the duals(Westmont), but I don't know who's gonna get the set. Once I have the downtubes I want to install the duals with em. Have you changed the path of the pipes? If they still exit at the rear of the car I'll take em. If they dump under the car I have to re-think it. I found a place that bends true duals for 540 with no downtubes. And they do stainless for 200 extra. Let me know what the deal is with the pipes now and I'll decide on how much over-bidding I need to do on em. I have no problem waiting for your old exhaust. Just let me know what the plan is.

If I can't get yours, I need to know cause I want to order the stainless duals with no mufflers and an X-pipe. I figure two cats are enough and the no mufflers and X-pipe will be a really distinct sound. I'll talk to ya soon. I mailed the membership today(finally got stamps). See ya around.

Dude, who are you looking at for exhaust, Oxbo? They are about the best
I know of, and that price sounds good. Stainless would be real nice
and the mufflers I'm getting are stainless.

Regarding the exhaust, I have not changed the path from factory, yes
they still exit at the rear, and yes, they do dump under the car. :-?

It was originally a 1 piece system, from the collectors to the tips.
I cut the pipes right in front of the fuel tank, and clamped on some
turn-downs. So now, you can use the turn-downs, or add couplers and
install the rest of the system. Plus it's easier to transport now,
without being 12 feet long! The factory down tubes are still in place,
they tied in just after the cats. It'll take a little work to fit
them up, but not a major deal. 2 cats, x-pipe and no mufflers is gonna
be kind of loud. But hey, loud pipes save lives, right?

Welcome to the club! Woo hoo, another Late Model!

Tydlwavs

Parts God
Established Member
The place I found is online. They have a discount for the TccoA. I'll post the link here. I figured I would get it without mufflers for now. I like your idea of having the ability to have obnoxiously loud pipes and then popping the mufflers and tailpipes back on. Givin me some idears. OXBO does do DAMN good work. They did a few of my buddies cars. Lemme know about the system you have. Sound like something I could get used to. Mmmm dumps. I can hear the neighbors screaming already. With the flows on the car I can hear the car inside and upstairs when it's on the front drive. I could really piss some people off with duals and your H pipe. Later

http://www.speedfreak.cc/

Users who are viewing this thread