I have to decide...PRK or Lasik?

sho95

Established Member
PRK for me. 3 years ago
A day or two with no pain and then a good day with pain but good meds and drops well worth it. I could see better right after surgery and kept reaching for my glasses for a good two weeks every time i woke up.
Now 20/20 20/15.

S8MS-01904

SVT Cobra Driver
Established Member
Two years with PRK. Also went with Monovision. Highly recommend. It makes one eye for close-up viewing and one eye for distance. The doctor can provide you with contacts to try out before surgury.

Make the left eye for distance as driving you'll need the left eye for the mirrors.

The healing with the monovision is a bit longer - up to three weeks as your brain adjusts to the new sight. Really weird at first. But and my age (48), I won't need reading glasses for a long time (+10 years).

Tom

03roush

01 Roush Stage 3 #106
Established Member
what does the PRK stand for and what is the difference. I am wanting to get something done as I cannot where contacts.

E

2008 SVTP RPS Champ
Established Member
i had prk done, absolutely friggin love it. i would highly recommend getting it done since you are into contact sports. better safe than sorry imo

bit

Happiness is being blown!
Established Member
I have PRK and love it. I decided to go that way because of MMA and water sports. My vision was VERY bad before the surgery and it took about two weeks before I could drive. This would be faster with better per surgery vision or with Lasik. I was told PRK would be painful, but I did not feel anything worse than a dry contact feeling. If I had the choice again I would go PRK every time.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Update:

So I went with the PRK. I just had my 3 month check up 2 days ago. I am currently at 20/20 with a possibility of my vision getting even better. It really takes up to 6 months to heal. For the first 2 months I had a lot of light sensitivity. My eyes would feel tired after working inside under flourecent lights and staring at my computer screen for long periods of time. I also had "Halos" for the first week and a half. It's a strange feeling becuase my vision was immediatly better right after the surgery, and got worse before it got better. My doctor warned me that this would happen and not to worry. It only lasted for 4-5 days but it is a little nerve racking. I couldn't drive for a week after the surgery. So I would suggest taking at least seven days off if you get this operation. Just to be on the safe side. My only real side effect so far is my eyes will dry up at night so I use a gel before I go to bed. I was told that this will get better and most likely go away soon. I wish I knew it was this easy. I really can't believe how well I can see now.

Last edited:

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Good to hear that its working out for you.

I also looked at the title and thought it said RPK or Lasik. Me being me I thought RPK AK47 variant lol

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Good to hear that its working out for you.

I also looked at the title and thought it said RPK or Lasik. Me being me I thought RPK AK47 variant lol

I just got the FA mini uzi in after 12+ months of waiting. We will have to go out some time soon. I just bought bought 500 rounds of 9 to try it out this weekend up at hunting camp.

Users who are viewing this thread