I have the WORST luck buying parts online

BradJ

Established Member
Seriously, doesn't matter who I buy from or what I buy...chances are it will get ****ed up.

Ordered black chrome saleens from stage 3. Got 3 black chrome wheels and 1 standard chrome wheel. I emailed them for 6 months and was never able to get it resolved, they just kept blaming wheelreplicas for sending out the wrong wheel.

Ordered McGard spline drive lugs in black chrome from Summit...they sent the wrong thread size. Sent them back, they sent me the correct thread size, only in anodized black and not black chrome.

Ordered MAC prochamber for stock manifolds, got one for long tubes. Had to pay return shipping on the friggen thing.

Ordered Pro 5.0 shifter for T5/T45 from american muscle, got one for a T56 instead.

Ordered MM coilovers with bilstein HDs, was sold springs that are 100lb/in too stiff for HD struts (as recommended by MM)

what

the

eff

:cuss::cuss::cuss:
:bash::bash::bash:
:poke::poke::poke:
:kaboom::kaboom::kaboom:

thanks for listening to me BITCH :fm:

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Wow that's really shitty luck... I have NEVER (knock on wood) been screwed online to this day.

BradJ

Established Member
the wheel story is bull shit i would be pissed did they get that fixed for you yet?

Nope. I emailed them for several weeks trying to get them to send me a new wheel, but they said wheelreplicas was out of stock...so I contacted wheel replicas to confirm and they were in fact out of stock, so I just emailed stage3 every week for about six months, until they stopped responding. I also called a few times but they never called back.

So yes, I'm rolling around with 3 black chrome saleens and 1 standard chrome saleen. :banana: Just gives me an excuse to buy all new rims though :) Hmmmmmm CCWs :rockon:

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
I have had pretty good luck buying off of SVTP or vendors on here and other then shipping screw ups like a set of tail pipes that were shipped the third week of January and are still sitting in customs i've gotten the right parts. Hopefully your luck will turn around with your next order.

sc98cbra

Established Member
I have had one bad encounter. I ordered a set of 17" Deep Dish Cobra R's and got 18" Deep Dish Bullitts from O.E Wheels. Wasnt too happy.

BradJ

Established Member
Pics or ban of the different wheels mounted on the car. :)

IMG_3274.gif

:banana:

whty98

Established Member
Haha that's legit. Good luck with getting it resolved. You could get one more chrome wheel and have one side chrome and the other black chrome...two-faced ha!

BradJ

Established Member
I tried, I wasn't willing to pay for the return shipping (about $100...) and Stage3 wouldn't pay for it, nor would wheelreplicas. Trust guys, I beat this horse to death...I'll just never deal with either company again.

tt54l32v

Established Member
I tried, I wasn't willing to pay for the return shipping (about $100...) and Stage3 wouldn't pay for it, nor would wheelreplicas. Trust guys, I beat this horse to death...I'll just never deal with either company again.

rent a uhual and drive it through the front door with the wheels in the back. jump out, toss em the keys and say there in the back. you will pay return shipping but it will be fun.

amorrow

Established Member
Always pay by credit card. On two past issues I had, I gave the seller a couple opportunities to correct the situation before taking any action. Once they failed to correct the problem, I called my credit card company to cancel payment. From there, I followed up with a call to the seller informing them I cancelled payment, and that I still had their defective/incorrect product. It was then up to them to prepay return shipping and alleviate the situation, as I had my money and their product.

I consider it reasonable to give them two opportunities to correct the situation within a reasonable timeframe. After that, it's simply inexcusable.

Last edited:

BradJ

Established Member
That is a good idea...never thought of that. Can you do the same with a debit card? I don't even have a credit card...

Goindeafonmtx

Established Member
Always pay by credit card. On two past issues I had, I gave the seller a couple opportunities to correct the situation before taking any action. Once they failed to correct the problem, I called my credit card company to cancel payment. From there, I followed up with a call to the seller informing them I cancelled payment, and that I still had their defective/incorrect product. It was then up to them to prepay return shipping and alleviate the situation, as I had my money and their product.

I consider it reasonable to give them two opportunities to correct the situation within a reasonable timeframe. After that, it's simply inexcusable.

Yep. Thats the way to do it. They try to **** you, and you **** em back. Its only fair. :beer:

amorrow

Established Member
I'd imagine if it's a VISA debit card or something similar; it'll be dependent on your bank or card issuer's policy.

Last edited:

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
No cards?! How did you pay for all that stuff? Paypal?

Does your debit card have a Visa logo on it? If so your all set.

Users who are viewing this thread