I have the squeak/creek noise while turning

SC-93SVT

Established Member
I picked up the stock bushing and sleeves for a quick fix. I know the bushings are easy to install but i'm not confident installing the metal sleeves. Let me know if anybody local could help me out with this. I would compensate you accordingly for your time. I am located in Delaware County.

TRBO VNM

to make sure I understand, you have the noise now and you ended up just picking up some stock replacement parts? the problem is the stock parts. there are some threads on here that go through some fixes. basically the common issue is the stock sleeve. they need to be trimmed back a little. I would use the opportunity to upgrade if you can. you can pick up with some poly or aluminum bushings. and it is very easy to do. if you just go to Maximum Motorsports site and look up their rack bushings, you can read their install instructions online and see how easy it is.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
MM aluminum rack bushings are $40 I believe. Well worth the price for much better steering feel. Super easy to install, the only major change is cutting down the metal sleeves.

cobra1923

Established Member
Not sure where Delaware county is but I could do it for you for a 6 pack.. I am in Northern Baltimore County but, like Dwight said, it's not that the stock parts are worn out, it's the fact that they are crap. Replacing the stock bushings will result in the same thing sooner or later. Get the MM aluminum bushing kit..very cheap, fixes the creak and gives a better wheel feel

wheelhopper

Established Member
Very easy job doing the MM aluminum steering rack bushings. I had never done them before and it took me 45 minutes while drinking some beers.

You can do it.
You can do it all night long.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Very easy job doing the MM aluminum steering rack bushings. I had never done them before and it took me 45 minutes while drinking some beers.

You can do it.
You can do it all night long.

LOL...you need help sir...

Speaking of help, I need to give you a ring this week...I have some questions I'm hoping you can answer.

SC-93SVT

Established Member
Not sure where Delaware county is but I could do it for you for a 6 pack.. I am in Northern Baltimore County but, like Dwight said, it's not that the stock parts are worn out, it's the fact that they are crap. Replacing the stock bushings will result in the same thing sooner or later. Get the MM aluminum bushing kit..very cheap, fixes the creak and gives a better wheel feel

Thanks for the info guys! I am assuming I will need an alignment after the install of the MM bushings? Cobra1923 you have a PM.

Thanks

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Speaking of help, I need to give you a ring this week...I have some questions I'm hoping you can answer.

Mike, you are already married. Plus I'm sure if Doug was to get married, it wouldn't be to you. :poke:

wheelhopper

Established Member
Wow, this thread went way out in left field.

No alignment needed after bushing install.

Call me Mike, I can answer the question for you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread