i have coolant all over my driveway!

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
i'm not sure but i think i ****ed up my radiator. that seems to be where all the coolant is coming out of. i can get an 03-04 cobra radiator for the same as i can get a stock replacement so my question is does it help any? i've searched and people seem to have mixed opinions. i just need a simple yes/no. i'm also probably going to put in my 160 degree thermostat also. thanks for the help fellas.

C O 13 R A

Crazy Arms
Established Member
You won't see much difference in cooling. If all you want a stock replacement but with more peace of mind, then go for the Terminator Rad. If you are looking for a better cooling solution aim for an aftermarket aluminum multicore radiator.

I've ran the stock 96 rad, Mishimoto Rad, and currently Terminator Rad. Hands down I can tell you the Mishimoto blows the Terminator Rad out the ring. This summer I'll be installing the Mishimoto back in.

Last edited:

aloo1

Established Member
i really can't help you with any of this but just curious how did you blow your radiator? could be helpful so others don't make the same mistake.
thanks,
alan

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
i really can't help you with any of this but just curious how did you blow your radiator? could be helpful so others don't make the same mistake.
thanks,
alan

i just drove my car like a mile up the road and came back. it's pouring out of the bottom of the rad. i can get a 03-04 cobra radiator for $75. by the way, are you coming to the meet tomorrow?

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
I think my fluidyne is starting to go and leak a little bit..

but basically with my fluidyne and 180* thermostat...while everyone at the track is trying to keep their engine bays cold....I have to make sure my motor doesn't cool down too much!

needle sits on the 'N' at all times once warmed up.

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member

but basically with my fluidyne and 180* thermostat...while everyone at the track is trying to keep their engine bays cold....I have to make sure my motor doesn't cool down too much!

That thing has to be running rich if it never gets warm. Thats what my car did atleast.

aloo1

Established Member
what time are yall planning on getting there? i thought it was a sat. thing. i'm supposed to have a bachelor party thing going on tomorrow evening/night so i'm not positive. it all depends on the time. sucks about the radiator. will your car be ready tomorrow? if i do go i'm not planning on running my car but would love to watch.
thanks,
alan

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member

Put a real temp gauge in that car

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
i'm going to get the 03-04 radiator. same price, why not. if i can get the radiator installed and everything put back together than yes my car will be at the meet. i'm not running mine either. i've had some bad luck lately and i don't want to chance it. i think we are going to get up there around 7.

venomous99

Established Member
i got a mishimoto 3 row on ebay for $215 shipped. just make sure u get the newer ones as earlier designs had issues w/ leaks.

aslow02gt

Established Member
Don't do a 160* in georgia. Remember, the lower the temp, the lower your engine temp has to go down before the thermostat closes. higher temp thermo = more time the coolant cools in the radiator!

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
Don't do a 160* in georgia. Remember, the lower the temp, the lower your engine temp has to go down before the thermostat closes. higher temp thermo = more time the coolant cools in the radiator!

well ****. i bought this 160 degree thermo a long time ago and i was finally going to put it in. good point though.

Users who are viewing this thread