I have an 2001 cobra and i was thinking about selling

cobraetti

part of the zombie squad
Established Member
not a life changing thread but, i have owned my 2001 cobra for 10 years it is mechanically perfect. I have a 2003 DSG vert now for over a year and the plan was to sell the 01. For some reason the value of the 01 has been going up (according to KBB) the last few months or so. The current book value is 8500 or so which would be nice to have but i really enjoy driving it, it is a completely different experience than the 03.

really just curious if you guys would ditch it or not?

Tx5811

Veni, vidi, vici
Established Member
If you don't really need the money, and you have room for it and you can accept the fact that it will continue to depreciate then I say sure why not keep it.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
If you have room to keep it, then keep it. No brainer.

TK Doom

Established Member
If you don't really need the money, and you have room for it and you can accept the fact that it will continue to depreciate then I say sure why not keep it.

This, I wish I'd never sold my 89 5.0...I just didn't have the room. =(

Davemcc

Established Member
I kind of miss my '01 Cobra. It is a different experience. To me, it felt light and nimble to drive and has a great sounding engine. I think it's an under-appreciated car in the Terminator's shadow. Mine was a quality nightmare so I ditched it early but if yours is mechanically perfect, I'd say keep it. Have fun with it.

Blown 89

Established Member
I'm getting ready to sell mine. My kart frame is shot and with a baby in the way we need both the space and the money and I have the chance to buy a new frame for the cost of a used one. I sat in the cobra this morning and I'm dreading letting it go. If you don't have to don't sell it.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What everybody else said. If you don't have to sell it, don't, assuming you have the room in your garage. If you needed the money, then you would have a decision to make. But that's not the case here, so keep both cars and enjoy their different personalities. :)

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
If you don't need the money don't sell. I sold mine to get a Terminator and do not regret it. I will say the 01 I had was a great car. I don't DD my terminator. But DD my 01 for almost 6 years. Never skipped a beat, and the only major repair I had on it was a half shaft. Other than that just general maint.

DaBigBone

Established Member
I'd keep it. You even said you really enjoy driving it so why get rid of it if you dont have to

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
My 99 Cobra is still among my favorite cars I've ever owned. It'll always have a special place in my heart...and my avatar.

If you don't need the money and it's not otherwise inconveniencing you to part with it, no reason not to keep it if you enjoy it.

BladeX10

Established Member
99/01 Cobras are severely underrated. For the price they are going for these days, They are a very good bargain.

fangstang

Established Member
To this day, I still miss my 01 cobra and think about it all the time. I've had some pretty nice cars since, but the cobra still holds a very special place in my heart. I will be re-united with it one day. I hope.

97ReoCobra

Established Member
Don't place too much weight on what KBB says. They get their numbers via past sales in your zip code. This works fine for high volume cars like a Focus or Camry. But not reliable for a Cobra unless you live near large cities. The number of Cobras is to low and just one or two sales can skew the given value too much in that area.

Users who are viewing this thread