i have a halfshaft with a good inner but bad outer, what to do with?

TRBO VNM

If you get rid of it, I would be interested. I usually try saving some of the good parts. And sometimes can make a good one. Living near the track I get a lot of calls. Lol

TRBO VNM

Well, you don't typically rebuild them from what I have seen unless you call what I am doing rebuilding. Ford doesn't sell replacement parts, just new complete half shafts. You have to find someone that broke one but still had the piece you need that is good.

You can try calling DSS and see if they have parts but usually not.

DjOrionXTR

Established Member
Well, you don't typically rebuild them from what I have seen unless you call what I am doing rebuilding. Ford doesn't sell replacement parts, just new complete half shafts. You have to find someone that broke one but still had the piece you need that is good.

You can try calling DSS and see if they have parts but usually not.

well damn....doesn't that suck....

TRBO VNM

Yup. similar to other IRS parts. Very hard to get and why you see some guys buy complete IRS setups from others just to have spare parts. I haven't heard of anyone making some of them as aftermarket yet.

There are a few parts you can get like half shafts, tie rods, rear diff support, ford racing diff case. But upper and lower arms, individual half shaft parts, spindles, etc. Very hard to get from ford if not impossible because some are not made anymore.

Give DSS a call monday and see if they have any stock half shaft stuff they can sell. If not, finding other broken shafts with good parts you need is the only other way I know of right now. So like I said, if you end up not using what you have, I might be interested. I just need pics.

DjOrionXTR

Established Member
Yup. similar to other IRS parts. Very hard to get and why you see some guys buy complete IRS setups from others just to have spare parts. I haven't heard of anyone making some of them as aftermarket yet.

There are a few parts you can get like half shafts, tie rods, rear diff support, ford racing diff case. But upper and lower arms, individual half shaft parts, spindles, etc. Very hard to get from ford if not impossible because some are not made anymore.

Give DSS a call monday and see if they have any stock half shaft stuff they can sell. If not, finding other broken shafts with good parts you need is the only other way I know of right now. So like I said, if you end up not using what you have, I might be interested. I just need pics.

Want to trade something for it?

TRBO VNM

Well, I have two on their way to me that need inners. One is spoken for.

Have you taken yours apart yet? Do you know it was just the outer? Is the main center shaft ok?

Drop me a pm with what you have to trade/offer.

Users who are viewing this thread