I got walked

19984V

Established Member
So i was just cruising around with my buddy and his built saab viggen. He told me he had a friend that would race me. (His saab puts down close to 500 fwhp so i wouldnt even come close to thinking about beating him)

I find out his buddy drives a wrx. My buddy got in my car and rode with me up to a "spot" and we actually caught up to the wrx on the way there.

Now the only thing he told me about the wrx is that it supposedly has maybe 300 awhp. Anyways i figured it should be pretty close. On the way there i got up behind him and heard some weird ass noise. The noise sounded like a high pitched spinning whine (super loud). I asked my buddy what that was and he just laughed.

Finally he told me the WRX has a sequential gear box with straight cut gears. I was like wow. I then asked what else was done to it and he said :Bigger turbo, full fuel upgrades, bigger FMIC, COMPLETELY gutted to 2500 racing weight (with driver), and its tuned with suspension.

I knew i was &^%ed but i went ahead and raced him.
35mph roll i shifted into 2nd and so did he. I instantly heard the boost building over my O/R X and catback. I hit it hard and broke traction. Within 1-2 seconds he was a buss length ahead i hooked and still continued to fall back. I slammed third and he was gone. Literally.

We did this a few times and same results every time. :eek:

Do you guys think 300awhp was accurate for his car? He said he wasn't quite sure what it puts down..

I couldn't believe how hard this dude walked me, its usually the other way around!!

Last edited:

19984V

Established Member
I figured so. I have never been walked so hard in my life. I have raced c6 z0s just for the hell of it and still not walked as hard as what this dude did to me.

Win most lose some life goes on :beer:
All fun and games

04svtsnke

Established Member
he was probably making 400+ and with his weight, suspension and supporting mods, it makes for one nasty ass car.....

07COBRAVENOM

R.I.P. Hissssss
Established Member
If you got walked that hard why are you even thinking he only made 300?? sounds more like 400....

Hissssss

Fox body lover
Established Member
That was a nasty WRX, good effort though, take your pain out on the next unsuspecting WRX.....lol

BivDBO

Car audio guru
Established Member
That WRX sounds nasty, and he is definitely doing over 300. I only pulled a couple cars on a 07 with full bolt ons and exhuast in my camaro. I was thinking I was going to destroy him. I feel your pain on not having traction down low, but that is part racing. Sounds like your friends have some pretty fun rides.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
if its only 2500lbs with 300rwhp thats good for 11's,but its more like 350-400whp im sure if it was a sti it would be 400+but being regualr wrx if its 2.0 rex 300-400rwhp sounds right, powere to weight was in his favor

termin8rdsg

Established Member
I would have to say that friend of yours lied about the 300 hp. This guy has some serious mods under his hood.

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
Ouch! Yeah the WRX owner didn't do all those other $ mods then settle for just 300hp. He was running more hp for sure.

There is always someone out there who is faster than you. :)

Last edited:

19984V

Established Member
I really wish I had a video of it. Its bad when you can hear boost on the 4 cyl beside you over your O/R X :D

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
u didnt get walked...walked is when its close and someone starts to slowly move away from you... judging by the bus-lengths and how quickly he ran away from you, unless you ran to 150+mph, and he slowly put a bus length on u......he raped u

Buttt.... yea doubt it was anywhere close to 300awhp...more than likely was making well over 400... just likes to shoot low, so everyone under eta's his 4 door sedan...wish i could find a wrx like that, id love to put it to sleep

Jazzml

Established Member
i had an 07 sti making about 300 to the wheels... i raced a bone stock cobra... two high school kids who could barely drive the car and they pulled on me for days....has to be around 360 to the wheels at least

19984V

Established Member
His gears sounded like sex. It was louder than a twin screw at full boost when he was just granny shifting. I had never heard them in person or had any idea how loud they actually were

How much $$ is doing a dog box like that?

Users who are viewing this thread