I Got Beat By A Stock Lt1!?!?!?

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
QuikGT said:
Being an owner and builder of my past 02gt w heads cams and full boltons i know theres no ****in way cam only gts are trapping 110+....headswap is where u pick up the power( i made 63rwhp more with the h/c/i pkg)...cams on a gt w out the heads will net u at best 12-15rwhp......so that statement is bs...do more research. :idea:

Wrong. Cam only GTs have seen nearly 114 mph. Look up Bill Putnam then remove your foot from your mouth.

I have been there done that with a '99 2V. Just because you don't know enough about a mod motor to make it run doesn't mean it can't be done.

The right cam in a STOCK headed PI engine will net you roughly 28 rwhp at peak and along the line of 35 - 40 rwhp at 6,000 rpm. Once again, personal experience, just because you don't know how to do it doesn't make it impossible or even difficult.

also theres no way in hell u gave any kind of ls1 anykind of hell....sorry but a stock ls1 wil trap 110....and with cutout and lid u basically just put about 30 more rwhp to the ground...you would need a blower to give that hell... :poke:

What's funny is your quoting these pathetic ass numbers for cam swap GTs but qouting outlandish numbers for stock LS1s. A stock LS1 trapping 110 mph at the drag strip is about as commonplace as a two headed snake in nature. Most STRONGER stock LS1 won't see better than 107-108 mph when stock. And yes, my 107 mph BOLT ON, stock cammed, 4.10 geared 2V was giving them hell, especially from a dig.

And to address your statement in your next post about 4.10s sucking from a 50 mph roll. WRONG AGAIN BRO! A 4.10 will pull harder from any kind of roll race as long as it doesn't invole a roll race that requires a 5th gear start, and that is due to the overdrive ratio not the 4.10s. Mechanical advantage, look it up, learn something and quit speaking out of ignorance based on your failed 2V project. Mine wasn't a failure...

Please, in the future, refrain from giving any tech advice for 4.6 Mustangs because you clearly did not know enough to make yours respectable and are therefore incapable of giving out accurate advice to others.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread