I Got Beat By A Stock Lt1!?!?!?

mikes93

Established Member
RamdomTask, Is that an street driven camaro? :shrug: :thumbsup:

And also stock cobras are good up to 700 horses? :cryying:

machone

NA power
Established Member
Jeez...theres only one way too settle this, race! Oh wait, most of us are at least 500 miles from each other so unless you guys are willing to drive i guess arguing over the internet is pointless. Seems like everyone here is a phd, talking baout air flow and aerodynamics. I said it once and ill say it again, none of that means shit until your at a stop light...

Beetle6986

Established Member
Orr89rocz said:
i'm here to present the facts on GM vehicles just as you are here to inform me of what GT's run with full bolts ons. if you read my posts from all the threads i post in, you'll see i'm not all that bias. i'm defending GM's only when the facts about their performance is not being accurately portrayed.

All of the posts I've ever seen from you were pretty biased. I have driven many LT1s. Stock for stock, they are an even match for a 2V. The horsepower difference isn't that much. Same thing for the LS1s and Machs. They're about an even match.

Last edited:

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
^ say what u will... lol. i guess it sounds biased to ppl who really dont know the capabilities of GM cars. it really isnt suppose to be really biased, but i am a GM guy but like ford too. i compare cars and numbers. as you expect, this is a ford site and GM's will be put down some. and i can see where the biased comments come from--- i happen to be a GM guy supporting/stickin up for GMs on a ford site. it happens. i stick up for the cars i think have more power or if ppls general conception of the cars performance are abit lower than the norm.

where in PA are you? or did we mention this before? :-D

joeclams9

Established Member
I can't wait to race a KB Cobra when my LS6 RX7 is finished being built(getting done right now..woohoo). Lucky for me, my best friend has one 5 minutes away. Still think im gonna lose..that thing is crazy fast.

On a side note....Random Task....your name makes me want to play warcraft 3.....great name..great game.

joe

03CobraBro

Established Member
If you put a good sounding pushrod up against a good sounding OHC (be it a V8 or better SOHC or DOHC) the OHC sound will win everytime unless you are really good at lieing to yourself.

300bhp/ton

I just like cars!!!
Established Member
joeclams9 said:
On a side note....Random Task....your name makes me want to play warcraft 3.....great name..great game.

joe
Isn't it from Austin Powers??? You no taking the mick out of Oddjob from James Bound Goldfinger :shrug:

300bhp/ton

I just like cars!!!
Established Member
03CobraBro said:
If you put a good sounding pushrod up against a good sounding OHC (be it a V8 or better SOHC or DOHC) the OHC sound will win everytime unless you are really good at lieing to yourself.
I think this ones been covered already - sound is personal.

Same as not everyone thinks chocolate ice cream is as good as strawberry :poke:

cb94ta

Established Member
Arguin sound I have two LT1's, one has kooks long tubes and a borla catback and a hot cam kit the other has pacesetter longtubes flows and a hot cam kit and I'll tell the flows sound sweet as hell I get complements all the time, the borla on the other hand sounds like total ass,( nails in a trashcan I believe was said in this thread and applys here) so setup definately affects the sound and people are doing way to much internet racing if they think the gt can outpower an lt1 they are clos but people are making the 2v sound like it's a damn cobra motor.

yeasure

Old School ModularMan
Established Member
I'm not getting into this fight but i will post some number to play around with.....
1999 - 2003 2V Naturally Aspirated 1/4 ET:
KenB - 11.38 @ 119.00 ( 2000 GT 5 SPD )
1999 - 2003 2V Power Adder 1/4 ET:
Chris Crown - 8.47 @ 160.00

Not to bad imo for a 2v 4.6.

300bhp/ton

I just like cars!!!
Established Member
yeasure said:
I'm not getting into this fight but i will post some number to play around with.....
1999 - 2003 2V Naturally Aspirated 1/4 ET:
KenB - 11.38 @ 119.00 ( 2000 GT 5 SPD )
1999 - 2003 2V Power Adder 1/4 ET:
Chris Crown - 8.47 @ 160.00

Not to bad imo for a 2v 4.6.
Yes but apoart from NO info on mods or spec being listed, neither of those motors are likely to be under 90% of 4.6 2v owners hoods are they.

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member

wanna make a thread about this and post up clips/vids? i got a few nasty agressive ls1 clips that i believe are the best soundin motors ever. i havent heard many good 4.6 modulars. a lot of 5.0's but thats bout it.

but again its alll opinion

JDsfastGN

Established Member
Orr89rocz said:
wanna make a thread about this and post up clips/vids? i got a few nasty agressive ls1 clips that i believe are the best soundin motors ever. i havent heard many good 4.6 modulars. a lot of 5.0's but thats bout it.

but again its alll opinion

i think that would be a lost cause on a Ford board... or the opposite. They all have their unique sounds. My roomates old 2v 01 GT sounded badass. Longtubes, borla stinger cat back. That thing was mean. But then my sisters old LT1 with ATR 3" catback sounded awesome as well. If theres one thing i can't stand.. its Borlas on Fbodies... sounds horrible

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
it stil be a good thread on sound clips. always worth browsing thru and listening. not just trying to make it a competition but a car sounds page.

Next Phase

Established Member
BmoseleyINC said:
Use your head, if you possibly can.

A nicely tuned KB on a stock motor will make 600+RWHP. Cams will probly add 20-30 hp at most(crank). ANY shot of N20 on top of a KB would be Death for you. Just a TINY 50 shot on top of a nice KB(stock motor) would be close to 700 rwhp.

IM sure your car is quick, but you talk WAY to much shit. You have an ls1, and decided to register at FORD forum, just defend your car, and basically say twin-screw Cobras are no match for your Nitrous ls1 what tje **** was the reasoning for this??....wake up and smell the BULLSHIT.

IF you wanna be welcome here, cut the shit talking. Nobody here gives a **** about your Camaro, or what dildo cam your have. Be cool ,and we'll be cool too. :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :loser:

LOL.....Dom, you just got PWNT'd

joeclams9

Established Member
300bhp/ton said:
Isn't it from Austin Powers??? You no taking the mick out of Oddjob from James Bound Goldfinger :shrug:

Don't remember it from austin powers...and I have never watched any of the 007 movies. I have played warcraft though, and those dudes say it...LOL

Users who are viewing this thread