I got a Spec 3 and I am loving it

ScubaTermi

Established Member
Just thought I would post up about about the Spec 3. After reading so many post about clutches I decided to go with Spec 3 with the low pedal option, I also had a MM cable, quadrant, adjuster and flywheel put in as well and while the trans was out, a head cooling mod was installed. The pedal feel is light and smooth, and engagement is awesome The factory clutch and cable must have been just wore out. I cant wait till the break in period is over(road trip :banana:) and I can beat on it. In hide sight I probably should of done the 26 spline but I was out of money.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Awsome great to know. Good idea with the head cooling mod as well. When the time comes that my car needs a clutch swap, I'll be doing that too.

cobrasvt77

Established Member
I just did mine on friday spect 3+ and 26 spline in put shaft with the low pedal to ,and is smooth and no chatter.I like it now have to break in 50 miles so far.

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
Spec 3 here as well... been in the car since July 11th, and I still got 300 miles to go:nonono:

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
I ripped my spec3+ out of my car so quick it made my head spin. Worst clutch I ever used.

Glad to hear your enjoying it though. Plenty of guys out there like them.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Spec 3+...it chattered like a bitch untill about 1500 miles...now is all well..

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Low pedal option? is that something new?

To the OP. You say you just installed the clutch and clutch engagement is awesome. Are you high? LOL but seriously your car doesn't shudder and shake? The clutch doesn't rattle the teeth and vibrate everything half to death? I can't imagine it does our trannies or rearends any good.

I despised this clutch with a vengeance till it got broken in and even then it still shuddered like mad because in that break in process it destroyed my TOB. Pulled tranny yet again and replaced TOB and it's actually quite livable now. Would I ever put another spec clutch in there? HELL NO.

Fat-cat

Established Member
Malcome i think he is referring to the lower pedal effort ( to push the clutch in ) option on the clutch.

3+ here and its worked well for me so far. Have not sprayed it much yet so we will see if it can take 700 wheel Tq and for how long

Last edited:

mod mod t56

u can go faster
Established Member
brake that turd in, so i can break it off in ur ass, all that smack u talk at chevy... now everyone will know, i'm looking 4 a reason to lace up the track shoes anyway... ps drifting comps at tex motor plex sat 25th 12 to 7, i cant go have to sale cars

Marc

Established Member
I hear it is a great clutch, but I decided to go with this set up:
McLeod RXT Twin Clutch
McLeod Alunimum Flywheel
FMS Flywheel bolts
D&D 26 spline Input Shaft
Lethal Retainer sleeve
FMS TOB
FMS Pilot bearing
LDC Chicago Clutch Freeplay Correction Kit
Steeda Adjustable Clutch Cable, Double Hook Quadrant and Firewall Adjuster