I finally got some pics of my Wrangler Rubicon!

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
Originally posted by Pyro
The car I had before I got the 03 Cobra was a 98 Wrangler Sport hard top. It had a 3.5" Teraflex lift with 33" BFG MT's, K&N, hand throttle, & custom front bumper. I got it when I lived in Utah so I got some wheelin time in. Never been to Moab but pretty close. I miss wheelin but the Cobra keeps my mind off it.

Lots of good rockcrawling out there, huh? I too have never been to moab, but maybe someday. Anyway, it's good to see another "well rounded" cobra owner.

Last edited:

Pyro

Established Member
Originally posted by TwoValveKid
a hand throttle...is that really what it sounds like?? how would that help ya out...just curious

It helps BIG TIME! especially when you are climbing a bumpy hill in 4 wheel low. When you are crawling and climbing a bumpy hill, your legs tends to bounce around then you start stressing the axles not to mention a jolty ride and a loss of traction. There's a huge difference. It just mounts to the shift handle on either an automatic or stick. It looks like an oldschool 10 speed bike gear shifter (without indexing..just clicks). I paid $40 bucks but could have made it for $10. The only thing that the kit came with that I couldn't duplicate was the connecting part that hooks it up to the cruise control connection on the throttle. It looked completely stock. You can probably just use a wire crimp but wouldn't look stock. The cool thing about it is that you maintain a steady RPM while climbing. I also used it as I stood on the drivers seat to see exactly where I was crawling.

Users who are viewing this thread