I finally bought a real truck

B0B

Established Member
I I enjoyed my F150 for almost 3 years. I loved the Ecoboost and all of the creature comforts, but decided that I didn't need all of the luxury. After doing a lot of research, I settled on a 05-07 super duty. A real work truck without all the BS. something I can work on and keep running for a long time.

After a few months of searching and I ended up with this 06 f350 with only 54k miles.

IMG_0897.JPG

IMG_0898.JPG

IMG_0899.JPG

B0B

Established Member
Wow i did not expect that. I love the truck. Very rare where i live to see a single cab 250/2500

Thanks, it isn't every day you see a single cab fX4. Especially one this nice.

Well, hopefully you don't have the 6.0 woes.

Hopefully not. I got the motorcraft coolant out of there and added red coolant and a filter right away. Turned off the EGR, changed fuel filters, upgraded fuel regulator spring, tuned FICM and PCM, etc. it should be good to go for a long time. Oil/coolant delta is only 4 degrees, so it shows all the signs of being healthy

Zemedici

Established Member
Just keep up with maintenance, and keep the bullshit tuners off of it. No bullydog garbage.

Either get it REALLY tuned via diesel shop, or leave it alone.

MTBSully

Established Member
Nice! I have two 6.0s at the moment. My 2006 crew cab harley davidson. And also a 2006 single cab long bed 2wd XL work truck that I am building into a street cruiser/race truck haha

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
It has a weird (in a good way) Bronco vibe about it with that cap on there.

I like it.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
love 6.0's. My father just bought an 06 crew cab lariat. EGR delete and change coolant and it'll last just as long as a 7.3

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
me personally i would have bought a v10 model or an older 7.3L.

Both gutless pigs. Would not own.

OP gorgeous truck! If it was me, i'd spend the $2500 and bulletproof it. Never have to worry about it again.

The 6.0 is a bad ass motor and takes WELL to tuning once bulletproofed. The trans will take over 500whp (over 1000 tq) all day too which is an added bonus.

Users who are viewing this thread