i dynoed the car today

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
I am not arguing that they are low but they are not off by 40. CAI maybe 3 rwhp, bassani headers most likely hurt hp and DEFINITELY hurt torque with a stock motor, cat back 0 rwhp if you have the fix, The canned tune was worth 3 rwhp on my 98 Cobra, flywheel and pulley add up to what 5-8 rwhp? I think most people are using a 19% correction for the Mustang dyno so 257 works out to around 305 hp at the flywheel. Car was rated at 320 but most 99s never got near that. It might be off by 10 from where it's supposed to be but you are most likely using the OEM fuel filter and spark plugs still, IDK? Maybe not but it's not that far off.

:lol:

fangs99

Established Member
I am not arguing that they are low but they are not off by 40. CAI maybe 3 rwhp, bassani headers most likely hurt hp and DEFINITELY hurt torque with a stock motor, cat back 0 rwhp if you have the fix, The canned tune was worth 3 rwhp on my 98 Cobra, flywheel and pulley add up to what 5-8 rwhp? I think most people are using a 19% correction for the Mustang dyno so 257 works out to around 305 hp at the flywheel. Car was rated at 320 but most 99s never got near that. It might be off by 10 from where it's supposed to be but you are most likely using the OEM fuel filter and spark plugs still, IDK? Maybe not but it's not that far off.

so, your telling me that the two mach1s that i out run are under powered too?

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member

:dw: :bash: :fart:

homer302

Banned
so, your telling me that the two mach1s that i out run are under powered too?

bad drivers, poor tires, automatics? Or was John Force behind the wheel of both of them?

FYI, a smiley is not really a good comeback. Just info for when you become an adult.:lol::pepper::banana::pepper::D:rolling::burnout::rollseyes:dancenana:

see, it doesn't really mean anything.

Last edited:

homer302

Banned
Why do you give a shit about dyno numbers? If the car runs strong and A/F is fine, take it to the track and see what it runs. Don't get your bra tangled up because of some low dyno numbers. :rolleyes:

another smart idea. If the car is fast and you like the way it runs, why do you care what a dyno says? Apparently you are the destroyer of all Mach1s so is that not good enough?

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Headers do not hurt hp on a stock block. Side by side, I dyno'd with someone with a comparable setup except he had headers and he pulled 20 more rwhp on the top end than I did. All the way through the power band we were neck and neck until about 6100RPM and he just pulled away with a bit more peak power.

homer302

Banned
Headers do not hurt hp on a stock block. Side by side, I dyno'd with someone with a comparable setup except he had headers and he pulled 20 more rwhp on the top end than I did. All the way through the power band we were neck and neck until about 6100RPM and he just pulled away with a bit more peak power.

Look, you guys are taking this way to serious but so your response is that you did dyno "side by side" ????? never seen a dyno that was side by side but anyway....he had a "comparable" setup and guess what???????? Da TA DA DA. They dyno'd different numbers. Wow. That is pretty impressive. What I said was the truth and you all know it. Why E-fight about it?

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Your comment about headers hurting these motors' abilities to make more power is not the truth though. Maybe you should be more specific. That is why we are pushing back a little. We'd hate for someone to take what you are saying as gold.

Shorties on these motors will net near to 0 gain, but LT's have proven to net 20+ rwhp (depending on tune) with these 4V's.

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
Look, you guys are taking this way to serious but so your response is that you did dyno "side by side" ????? never seen a dyno that was side by side but anyway....he had a "comparable" setup and guess what???????? Da TA DA DA. They dyno'd different numbers. Wow. That is pretty impressive. What I said was the truth and you all know it. Why E-fight about it?

I simply asked you how you figured headers hurt performance, I didn't flame nor try to fight over it. You gave me a smart ass remark about researching the topic. I've done my share of research on them and because of that search, I installed a set of LTs.

Now please do explain your wealth of knowledge kind sir, because you obviously know things the rest of us don't.

K2AHollywood

Established Member

No one is 'e-fighting' with you, they are merely pointing out that your comment was incredible stupid and you are dimwitted enough to continue posting in defense of it. Save some face, admit you were indeed wrong. You shouldn’t accuse people of taking things too seriously when they are simply educating and idiot who spewed out wrong information that they pulled out of their ass [that someone is you if you couldn’t follow]

Oh and when he said comparable, he meant we had the exact same mods minus a different catback and mid pipe brand, oh yes and my headers

homer302

Banned
OK, I am not going to do it tonight, but I will post up some links to how headers don't help NA Cobras tomorrow.
funny that the Terminator doesn't have headers and still owns all Cobras even with stock manifolds? Why aren't the Termi guys putting headers on??????????????? As far as I knowk they don't even sell them for the Terminator.
It sounds like you guys aren't mad which is good and I for sure ain't mad so this will continue.

MM&FF tested a NA Cobra before and after long tubes and it lost both, HP and TQ. I can't believe I am the only one who remembers. I am not saying headers on a fully modded car are not worth it but this is not a fully race prepped car.

Have to work tomorrow so I am out. I ain't fighting, it's really not worth it.

Last edited:

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
OK, I am not going to do it tonight, but I will post up some links to how headers don't help NA Cobras tomorrow.
funny that the Terminator doesn't have headers and still owns all Cobras even with stock manifolds? Why aren't the Termi guys putting headers on??????????????? As far as I knowk they don't even sell them for the Terminator.
It sounds like you guys aren't mad which is good and I for sure ain't mad so this will continue.

MM&FF tested a NA Cobra before and after long tubes and it lost both, HP and TQ. I can't believe I am the only one who remembers. I am not saying headers on a fully modded car are not worth it but this is not a fully race prepped car.

They definitely do make headers for the 03/04 guys and plenty of them have headers. The reason a lot of them don't put headers on is more than likely $$$$. For much less than headers cost, they can buy a smaller pulley and make tons more power than the headers would net. Simple as that.

As far as simply installing headers, you may in fact be correct about not making any more power, this is for one simple reason: Headers cause an extremely rich condition without a tune. Headers do one thing, they scavenge the cylinders of burnt exhaust gasses better than stock manifolds, allowing more clean air to be sucked in during the intake stroke. Having more air to burn, you create more power:idea:

K2AHollywood

Established Member

:bored:
so what are these?
http://www.lmperformance.com/4597/50.html
or these?
http://www.lmperformance.com/3554/50.html
or these?
http://dagostinoracing.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=15672

Are all these vendors lying? Sure looks like they make headers for an 03/04 Cobra. And maybe an 03/04 own a 99/01 because the 99/01 IS N/A and not supercharged like an 03/04.....do you think, maybe that might be it....dern, seriously, thats for proving again how much of an idiot you truely are :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread