I did NOT move to the dark side....

CobraTone

Established Member
Well, for those who saw my thread about going to the dark side and getting a z06, the Cobra is back!

Basically the deal fell to sh*t, and the bank wanted too much money down even though my stepdad makes a ton of money and co signed with me. Oh well, now that I think about it, it is probably for the better. The deal could have been better, and i will be saving a lot of money every month that i can use to mod my baby.

She's not as refined as the vette was, but I'm glad she's back.

Can I get an Amen brother and a welcome back?:beer:

P.S. The guys on the vette forums weren't nearly as cool as you guys anyway. :thumbsup:

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Welcome back. The darkside isn't nearly as cool. Plus haven't you ever watched any star wars movies. The darkside, although formidable never wins :D

xVENOMx

straight boostin
Established Member
welcome back man! now come on and slap on a 2.80, some idlers, and a apten!

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Blame it on the deal... that's cool... I'm sure you'll have no loss of sleep over the bad deal...

jmimac351

Right Wing Conservative
Established Member
With used Z06 prices where they are now, I'm not sure there is a better car value to be had other than the Z06. My '03 is cool and is a great value in itself, but for the kinds of things I like to do (go fast AND turn on a road course) 550 extra pounds makes for a completely different experience. As soon as the '03 is paid for I'll have a '02 or '03 Z06 parked next to it in the garage.

For a "street car" though, I think the '03 is a better value. With sticky tires the '03 will allow you to do things on the street to the point of being completely irresponsible from a handling standpoint.

Jim

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
I think some of us are willing to forgive and forget, soooo welcome back!! You will probably end up running into that z06 on the street and tearing it a new one and forget all about ever wanting one.:rockon:

cobravenom39

Ballz to the wallz
Established Member
Ahhhhh, the prodigal son. I've had a couple vette's and even used to drive my old man's 03 Z06 like it was my own. I loved driving it because it made me appreciate my Cobra. The Z06 is like sitting inside a driving robot. It's too refined. It doesn't have all the shortcomings that give the Cobra its character. You WOULD have missed the Cobra my friend. Everything happens for a reason.

stangfreak

Established Member
nice. keep the cobra. with the extra money i would throw a kb on there and just be stupid fast on the street.

Black Chip

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraTone
Well, for those who saw my thread about going to the dark side and getting a z06, the Cobra is back!

Basically the deal fell to sh*t, and the bank wanted too much money down even though my stepdad makes a ton of money and co signed with me. Oh well, now that I think about it, it is probably for the better. The deal could have been better, and i will be saving a lot of money every month that i can use to mod my baby.

She's not as refined as the vette was, but I'm glad she's back.

Can I get an Amen brother and a welcome back?:beer:

P.S. The guys on the vette forums weren't nearly as cool as you guys anyway. :thumbsup:
So, the ONLY reason you're not driving a vette now is because the bank wouldn't give you the deal you wanted?? Don't be so proud of yourself!! NO AMEN NO WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!:fm: You'll have to sit in pergatory for awhile.

CobraTone

Established Member
Re: Re: I did NOT move to the dark side....

Originally posted by Black Chip
So, the ONLY reason you're not driving a vette now is because the bank wouldn't give you the deal you wanted?? Don't be so proud of yourself!! NO AMEN NO WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!:fm: You'll have to sit in pergatory for awhile.

Awww, come on! I said I was glad i had her back! But i will accept my punishment and remain in the lake of fire. :cryying:

03CobraCCC

Wheaton Warbird!
Established Member
i thought we were the dark side?:shrug: "ohhh..berrrrr..ohhhhhh berrr, We will rule the galaxy"

04-MystiChrome

One Fast Grand-PaPi
Established Member
Welcome back-Get a pulley & you'll be happier than ever
the deal fell through. I had a Z06 and was sick of being
beat by Cobras. I sold it to get a Mystic-I love this car.
Trust me...Z06's have their share of problems too as ALL
muscle cars do. The most problems I EVER had are with
my old Viper GTS. They were so bad the car was lemoned.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Well I'm sorry your deal fell through, but I'm glad you still have a great American muscle car.

CobraTone

Established Member
Originally posted by 04-MystiChrome
Welcome back-Get a pulley & you'll be happier than ever
the deal fell through. I had a Z06 and was sick of being
beat by Cobras.

pulley will be coming soon, but i think i'm gonna do suspension stuff first. :rockon:

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraTone
pulley will be coming soon, but i think i'm gonna do suspension stuff first. :rockon:

The '00 cobra R could pull .99 on the skidpad, stock, so you CAN make these cars handle just as good as a stock Z06. Go to it!

LTHL PSI

All bow to Sid
Re: Re: I did NOT move to the dark side....

Originally posted by Black Chip

I agree...we should have a Time Out Forum, for traitors,sh*t talkers, etc, they can only post there for a straight month...

j/k welcome back..but for how long??:dw: :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread