I definitely needed another project.....

MineralStang

Established Member
It's a Ford Truck, so in my opinion it needs a Ford powerplant. Diesel or gas would be great either way. :) Great looking truck!

Edit, just looked at a few posts up. TT 272?!? That's awesome! Can't wait to see the thread about that install!

Last edited:

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Looks good! I'd just keep it slow and cruise it. Thats just me. Good luck with it!

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
I don't know if I've ever heard of a snailed Y-block before.

Does the 272 have the same goofy crossover as the 292?

NITMARE

Established Member
Thanks guys, it will be getting bagged down the road but for now I am happy with the stance. It seems a lot lower in person then it does in the pics. I am right at 6'2" or so and I can see across the roof when walking up to it....which as a life long offroad guy is a strange to me with a truck.

I dropped the 272 in and I am utilizing the stock manifolds to do the TT setup. I think the 3 on the tree is going to get ditched for a 5 speed manual actually. I like the idea of 3 speeds but they rev too high on the highway and it's not like they are "fun" to drive. Even with the TT's however this thing will be VERY mild. We're talking 5-6 pounds of boost and mandatory pump gas tune. I want this to be a fun daily driver and it doesn't need to prove anything by being fast...I have other vehicles for that. I am going to build a plenum that feeds a Tri-Power intake with triple blow through carbs. Even with the TT's I am trying to stay period correct.

Anyway, I will likely be starting a build thread here shortly so keep an eye open.

NITMARE

Established Member
I don't know if I've ever heard of a snailed Y-block before.

Does the 272 have the same goofy crossover as the 292?
There are several guys running blown Y blocks in some old school drag cars but I haven't come across any turbo'd either. And yeah they run that same ugly crossover setup. I guess that was innovative in 57. LOL

like u needed another project, LOL. congrats man and keep us posted on the great work as always.
Definitely gonna post up progress! This is so much more a "relaxing" build then the Cobra is/was.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
nice!! my dad had one, all original. those things are soooo easy to work on compared to the insanity of new cars now a days.

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
i would so put a diesel in that thing. i wonder how well a diesel motor would fit into it. I'm sure someone has done it...

NITMARE

Established Member
2z99mr7.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread