I definitely needed another project.....

NITMARE

Established Member
I am now the proud new owner of a 57 F-100 with inline 6, 3 on the tree power. I already got her running it took it around the block and I am absolutely STOKED on this truck. She's gonna get dropped on air bags and most likely ride on some steelies and white walls. The hard part is figuring out how to re power the old girl. Do I go with an original Y block Ford, Windsor, 460, perhaps some retrofitted diesel???? I have plenty of time to think about it though as I am just going to get the stance right and drive it. Here she is in all her 80% rust free $500 glory....the best part is my girl even kinda digs it. Win, win ;D

Where I found her
img67421.jpg

Pushed out into the street and put a tire on the front of the dually to start pushing, haha

img67432.jpg

img67443.jpg

img67454.jpg

Foot print gas pedal...check!
img67466.jpg

Last edited:

miclightning

SVT Detailer
Established Member
nice truck!

once i have a house and i am settled in with my life (long time from now)

i am going to get an 1956 F-100

and swap over an 01+ lightning motor, trans, interior, suspension etc.

she will surprise a few people :rockon:

- Sean

SVT2122

Established Member
Gt500 Drivetrain would be insane in that thing. Any paint work planned? I also love wood planks in the bed. Good luck with it.

Sean

GeoffGT

SVT Blumpster
Established Member
that truck looks like it's in excellent shape... looks like a great purchase... your diesel looks great too!

NITMARE

Established Member
Gave the truck a REAL good look over today and she's in pretty damn good shape with the exception of the floor boards. I didn't realize to really getting up under it that the floor boards are basically non existent and what's under the carpet is just plate steel screwed down on top...nothing major though. Just some sheet metal work.

As for plans the truck should have it's new stance by the end of the weekend. Gonna get about 4-5 inches of total drop and then I need to put some steelies and new tires on it. Then I'm just gonna drive it for awhile and probably wait till winter to work on a new motor setup.

As far as paint goes I just don't know what I want to do yet. I can't paint another car black but these things look so good in black when they're slammed. I have plenty of time to figure it out though.

NITMARE

Established Member
The truck is now running a '57 272 Y block V8 that is getting twin turbo's this winter. Got the drop done that was a total of 4 1/2 inches up front and 7 inches in the rear and some tires mounted up on steelies. They are just plain black for now but will change color once the new paint scheme starts this winter. Waiting in a driveshaft before I can drive it but other then that it's mechanically pretty much done. Pretty good transformation in just a few weeks.

Anyway, here's a bad small pic. I'll post some real pics soon.....and yes that rear tire had some photo shopping done so I could see what a little more tire would look like.

1g5dte.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread