I cant understand why cannibis is illegal still.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Going off of your statement, Legalizing cannibis will give schools a shit load more money so kids can have their own book, better supplies, pay teachers more money and make them love their job more. Not only that Colorado has some schools using Ipads to help with advanced education and autistic children. My mom teaches autistic children and they only funded her with enough for one ipad, she has 9 students. Every one of those children can operate a ipad like no other.

Props to your Mom man. My daughter is autistic and is in special Ed she loves school. A lot of schools overlook funding for special Ed a lot of times the special Ed dept. gets less than the funding for other things in school. My daughter loves messing around with our iPad and iPhones.

Rct851

Established Member
Just what we need in this country::::

More unmotivated, fat, lazy people who don't want to work. I can see it now---using your food stamps to go down to the corner store and buy pot brownies.

This is an interesting example of our problem. Clearly a smart, educated, successful and I assume fairly well respected man in your own right.... Then you spew out a blanket statement of shit like that.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
What are you talking about. There have been numerous deaths from edibles. Read up on it.

http://topekasnews.com/edible-marijuana-candies-kill-9-colorado-12-coachella/

All of those hippies were already there prior to the legalization of cannabis. Just go to a reggae concert and you will see hippies for days!

In addition, a good amount of the LEGAL/RECREATIONAL weed is not even staying in those states. It's getting shipped out.

If you dont care what someone does in their own home for leisure, why not legalize coke, herion, etc...

I got a few good laughs from that article, if you can call it that.

A college student commits suicide and a guy kills his wife and its pots fault? The third person they didn't even mention how they died.

Reminded me of the early anti drug use propaganda when they showed kids taking a single drag and then going nuts and murdering everyone.

I'm not sure if its more shocking someone would write such utter nonsense, or that someone would reference it for truth.

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
Should-We-End-The-Drug-War.jpg

Svtkidd23

#4THGEARMATTERS
Established Member
Props to your Mom man. My daughter is autistic and is in special Ed she loves school. A lot of schools overlook funding for special Ed a lot of times the special Ed dept. gets less than the funding for other things in school. My daughter loves messing around with our iPad and iPhones.
They don't pay her enough for sure! But she loves her job

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
We need to at least get it to a point where medical professionals can study its effects. I say make it legal as well. I hate drinking but would like to get a little Buzz on like most people at a party. Want to feel out of place, be the only sober person at a party with a bunch of drunks.

Svtkidd23

#4THGEARMATTERS
Established Member
We need to at least get it to a point where medical professionals can study its effects. I say make it legal as well. I hate drinking but would like to get a little Buzz on like most people at a party. Want to feel out of place, be the only sober person at a party with a bunch of drunks.

That's how my wife is lol she doesn't drink. I wouldn't mind using indica for my back pain. I don't take pain killers and I need surgery but herbal help would be nice on nights I can't sleep

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
What are you talking about. There have been numerous deaths from edibles. Read up on it.

http://topekasnews.com/edible-marijuana-candies-kill-9-colorado-12-coachella/

lol no, just, no.

You will never have enough THC in your system to be the cause of death (IE OD'ing).

These people eating an extreme amount of edibles (not to mention hybrid edibles or even worse, ones with synthetic cannibinoids) are no different than the people doing 15-20 shots in a row on their 21st birthday and either getting blackout drunk and walking in front of the bus and getting killed or ending up at the hospital getting their stomach pumped.

There's a reason when it comes to edibles that you dont go Joey Diaz your first time. They list their potency for a reason, just like alcohol lists its proof and "drink responsibly".

Its sad we must hold people's hands so much in todays world.

Adower

Established Member
lol no, just, no.

You will never have enough THC in your system to be the cause of death (IE OD'ing).

These people eating an extreme amount of edibles (not to mention hybrid edibles or even worse, ones with synthetic cannibinoids) are no different than the people doing 15-20 shots in a row on their 21st birthday and either getting blackout drunk and walking in front of the bus and getting killed or ending up at the hospital getting their stomach pumped.

There's a reason when it comes to edibles that you dont go Joey Diaz your first time. They list their potency for a reason, just like alcohol lists its proof and "drink responsibly".

Its sad we must hold people's hands so much in todays world.

Where did I say anything about ODing on marijuana and causing death? It is well known you cannot OD on marijuana.

I mentioned that people have died from eating an edible and it resulted in them doing something stupid. Thus, people have died from the effects of cannabis. I think that is pretty valid.

For example, if someone gets in a car accident due to being drunk its a death caused my alcohol right? Same thing with cannabis.

Adower

Established Member
You have a problem with people using marijuana yet you drink?

Screenshot_2015-11-21-07-53-48.png

I'm pretty confident in saying alcohol is way more dangerous than pot (I brew beer for a living)

Hypocrite much?

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...is-welcome&p=14777521&highlight=#post14777521

I dont have a problem with people using marijuana. Where did I ever say that? I could care less about what people choose to do with their life.

My whole argument in the beginning of this thread is I dont understand why marijuana legalization is in the forefront of issues today. Why are we not focused on bettering our education system, taking care of our veterans, looking out for our soldiers on foreign territory. I think those issues at way more important than legalizing marijuana.

97ReoCobra

Established Member
Legal, not legal, it doesn't matter to me. But it does seem weird that for years they have been sticking it to tobacco smokers. Crazy taxes, increased insurance rates, some cities actually making it illegal to smoke in your own home. But now they're making smoking another plant legal. Just seems odd.

LD5050

37OH55V
Established Member
Philip Morris, Anheuser Busch, Big Pharma, and the Drug Testing Industry will all fight across-the-board legalization just like the cornered animals they now are. It's all about money now the same way it was about money when it was first criminalized in 1937 (William Randolph Hearst, DuPont, and several others figured out how to get rid of their competiton - hemp/ cannabis)

Also, the DEA will apparently go to their grave upholding the incredibly weak argument that cannabis is a danger to society. The reason they still raid grow houses and small time cannabis offenders instead of exclusively going after ACTUAL dangerous drugs like meth is the same reason you don't walk all the way around the parking lot to get to your car, you take a straight line. The path of least resistance.

30+ years and $30billion+ on DARE and our national addiction rate hasn't changed in the better part of a century.

The fact that we still can't grow hemp in our country should put into perspective just how misconstrued our country's views on cannabis are. The constitution was printed on hemp paper, and the first pair of Levi Jeans were made out of it. Washington AND Jefferson grew it. And it's virtually impossible to get "high" on it, but still our farmers are prohibited. Brilliant policy.

And if any of you think it should remain illegal due to inherent dangers in its usage, please by all means explain how, under those criteria, alcohol should remain legal. I'm all ears.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Where did I say anything about ODing on marijuana and causing death? It is well known you cannot OD on marijuana.

I mentioned that people have died from eating an edible and it resulted in them doing something stupid. Thus, people have died from the effects of cannabis. I think that is pretty valid.

For example, if someone gets in a car accident due to being drunk its a death caused my alcohol right? Same thing with cannabis.

You stated there are numerous deaths caused by edibles, insinuating that ingesting them simply caused death.

People die from their stupidity. Thats on them.

Drunk drivers get charged for DRIVING, not imbibing.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Recent reports show that fewer adolescents believe that regular cannabis use is harmful to health. Concomitantly, adolescents are initiating cannabis use at younger ages, and more adolescents are using cannabis on a daily basis. The purpose of the present study was to test the association between persistent cannabis use and neuropsychological decline and determine whether decline is concentrated among adolescent-onset cannabis users. Participants were members of the Dunedin Study, a prospective study of a birth cohort of 1,037 individuals followed from birth (1972/1973) to age 38 y. Cannabis use was ascertained in interviews at ages 18, 21, 26, 32, and 38 y. Neuropsychological testing was conducted at age 13 y, before initiation of cannabis use, and again at age 38 y, after a pattern of persistent cannabis use had developed. Persistent cannabis use was associated with neuropsychological decline broadly across domains of functioning, even after controlling for years of education. Informants also reported noticing more cognitive problems for persistent cannabis users. Impairment was concentrated among adolescent-onset cannabis users, with more persistent use associated with greater decline. Further, cessation of cannabis use did not fully restore neuropsychological functioning among adolescent-onset cannabis users. Findings are suggestive of a neurotoxic effect of cannabis on the adolescent brain and highlight the importance of prevention and policy efforts targeting adolescents.

http://www.pnas.org/content/109/40/E2657.abstract

Last edited:

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member

http://www.medicinalgenomics.com/wp...d-death-under-acute-influence-of-cannabis.pdf

Zemedici

Established Member
Weed should be legalized.

However, legalizing means regulating, which means MUCH less potent herb, which most people wouldn't be a fan of. Also price would skyrocket imo, so there'd still be an underground trade.

I feel it should be decriminalized, though.

And weed helps people sleep, makes sex incredible, helps some people focus, etc etc.

Last edited:

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
I dont have a problem with people using marijuana. Where did I ever say that? I could care less about what people choose to do with their life.

My whole argument in the beginning of this thread is I dont understand why marijuana legalization is in the forefront of issues today. Why are we not focused on bettering our education system, taking care of our veterans, looking out for our soldiers on foreign territory. I think those issues at way more important than legalizing marijuana.
Perhaps that was your argument in the begining; however the post I quoted and other posts you've contributed to in this thread sure seem like your preaching the dangers of consuming the Devils lettuce.

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread