I can't seem to get a break...

JKD

Banned
What a crappy week. I've been sick as hell since last Saturday when that sandstorm blew into town. I'm just starting to feel better today and I found out through a co-worker today that the owner of the company sold it to a competitor. :( They havent officially announced it yet, but it looks like their waiting until the very last moment. They didnt even have the damn respect to give people who have worked there for years to even look for another job.

Averaging 60-70 hours a week, NEVER missed a day of work in five years, put up with no raises for the last three years and this is the thanks I get. :fm:

Enjoy it haters.

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Sucks to hear that man. What is it that you do for a living? If I didn't get a raise after 60-70hrs a week, for an entire year, I'd be looking for another job, much less putting up with it for 3 yrs.

Good luck though. Employment is excellent right now in the science/technology industries if you're interested. Major market companies are trying to snatch up all the engineers/technologists they can...

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
That blows Steve. I thought you were already looking for another job anyway? Time to step up the search I guess.

If it's any consolation allergies are kicking my butt too.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Sorry to hear that Steve. I know you weren't 100% happy anyway.

You may find out down the road that it was the best thing that happened to you.

snakebitten1975

Turbo'd Vert
Established Member
Sorry to hear man I was laid off few months ago and it hasnt been easy for me keep looking for another job, until your gone; I have been getting interviews lined up myself and working right now for less money until I find something close to what I was doing before, or have things lined up with, monster and career builder have been my best responses for jobs . It may take time, just don't give up looking.

B-O-B'03

Established Member
JKD said:
Averaging 60-70 hours a week, NEVER missed a day of work in five years, put up with no raises for the last three years and this is the thanks I get. :fm:

Dude, I have not had a a raise in 6 years, been 20+ since I missed a day and I usually work 50+ a week.

Be glad you are not over 50, with kids in college :shrug:

You are young enough... go find something that you like to do, you are your own best security.

-Brian

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
Maybe you could go drive for UPS?

No No, seriously, goodluck man. Took me 2 years to find this 8 buck an hour summer job just to get through college, I don't even want to think about all the shit I'm gonna have to sift through once I graduate.

You'll find something you like, possibly a PE Coach @ Juvie Hall?

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
JKD said:
Thanks for the jokes. I'm officially unemployed now and you're making jokes. :nonono:

Call me on my cell sometime this weekend and I see if I can find something for you here at work...

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
JKD said:
Thanks for the jokes. I'm officially unemployed now and you're making jokes. :nonono:

OH STFU steve, I feel bad for you, but you're young and you will find a job. Did any of my jokes say anything like "I hate you, go **** yourself"? No, they were only to try and lighten the mood and maybe get a laugh or two out of you since it seems you've had a bad week.

:beer:

JKD

Banned
"go **** yourself" is a term of endearment around here and you know it. You were just being mean spirited. Did I say anything mean when you finally lost your virginity? Nooooo, er wait a minute - that hasn't happened yet. I'll be sure to be mean IF it ever happens. :loser:

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
JKD said:
"go **** yourself" is a term of endearment around here and you know it. You were just being mean spirited. Did I say anything mean when you finally lost your virginity? Nooooo, er wait a minute - that hasn't happened yet. I'll be sure to be mean IF it ever happens. :loser:

I wasn't being mean spirited. I thought you might get a kick out of that UPS line.

Hell they make 25 an hour I heard someplace. I'll take 25 Washingtons an hour for driving a big brown truck. Just think, if you parked someone in, and they tried to punch you (I know ironic), you could JKD them, and them give them your JKD lessons business card.

Its a win win oppurtunity.

Stop thinking I'm a virgin, put that fantasy to rest you nasty ****.

B-O-B'03

Established Member
JKD said:

Hey Steve, I was not making jokes :shrug:

I worked for TI for 11 years, one day the guy that had hired me called me and told me about a startup he had gone to for, they made me an offer and I talked it over with the wife.

Se was worried, since we had 2 kids in diapers, about leaving the "security" of TI, who had gone through numerous lay-offs in the time I had been working for them.

I told her that "I was my own best security" and took the job, the company was Cyrix corporation, I was employee #11.

Don't think of this a something that sux, go out and make something out of it.

If you know anything about UNIX, Cisco is hiring... send me a resume (anyone else out there for that matter).

-Brian

JKD

Banned
B-O-B'03 said:
Hey Steve, I was not making jokes :shrug:

I worked for TI for 11 years, one day the guy that had hired me called me and told me about a startup he had gone to for, they made me an offer and I talked it over with the wife.

Se was worried, since we had 2 kids in diapers, about leaving the "security" of TI, who had gone through numerous lay-offs in the time I had been working for them.

I told her that "I was my own best security" and took the job, the company was Cyrix corporation, I was employee #11.

Don't think of this a something that sux, go out and make something out of it.

If you know anything about UNIX, Cisco is hiring... send me a resume (anyone else out there for that matter).

-Brian

Oh I know bro, I was poking fun back at Sheldon. I appreciate the offer of help. Hopefully something will work out. I have a pretty good lead on a job, but I'm gonna wait to get my hopes up to see if it's any good or not.

Users who are viewing this thread