I can't make a decision. Need advice.

bam

Established Member
[I'm in Orlando visiting my brother.]

Yesterday was my brother's girlfriend's birthday and one of her friends got her Lady Gaga tickets for tonight. This girl's dad's company owns a box and, initially, she was only able to get the two tickets for the girls. My brother just texted me saying she was able to get two more.

I've tentatively said I'll go, but here's how it breaks down...

Cons:
-I hate Gaga. I hate her music and who she is.
-This concert is superseding the plans my brother and I had made for bbq and wastedness.

Pros:
-I don't know anyone else in this town besides brother's gf's friends. They're all out of town, or they'd have been asked before me. So my alternatives are sitting on ass alone, or walking to the bar and boozing alone... both of which I feel will be a slap in the face to the brother's girl... who is offering me a free ticket, which I imagine is super valuable, and which many people would love to have.
-My brother will not be persuaded not to go and our plans will not be resurrected. He will actually tolerate Gaga's music and acknowledges that she's a "great entertainer," which may well be true.
-Brother's gf's friend is in a relationship, but is cute and the relationship is new... who knows?

Cons:
I hate Gaga.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Techmonster21

Established Member
Go.
Talk to the gf's friend.
Make her love you (for only that night).
Get laid.
Get wasted the next night.

Instigator99

427 whaaaaat?
Established Member
Go to the concert and get drunk in the box. Even though you may not like Gaga's music, make sure to thank the friend for the ticket.

-Eric

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
On top of that you'll have to deal with the thousands of wannabe Gagas too, male and female.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Make your brother go, tell him the dilemma. You guys will laugh about this one day. Who knows you may get to take a 14 YO home?

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
buy a big bottle of Jager, get the party started, see what happens.....
i've got quite a few nights in what's left of my college memory that start like that

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
Con: Noticing an adam's apple afterward and having it tell you they can't help it because they were "born this way."

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
I personally would skip the concert if there weren't any hard feelings with the brother.

I can't think of one instance, post HS, that I've tolerated crap that I hate for a peice of ass.

bam

Established Member
Go to the concert and get drunk in the box. Even though you may not like Gaga's music, make sure to thank the friend for the ticket.

-Eric

Thinking this is probably going to be it.

What's this talk of piihb? :shrug:

bam

Established Member
I personally would skip the concert if there weren't any hard feelings with the brother.

I can't think of one instance, post HS, that I've tolerated crap that I hate for a peice of ass.

It's more of a courtesy thing than a getting ass thing. I think both my brother and his gf would be a little put-off if I didn't go.

05slvrgt

Real bits of panther.
Established Member
Go and get really hammered drunk? That generally turns a lot of no fun, shitty situations into a good time. For you at least, piss on everyone else.

16kOrBust

Established Member
Why do you hate who she is? I've heard some interviews and seen a few videos and she seems like a normal person who loves art and culture. She's also a talented musician/songwriter (even if you don't like her style of music, but this is coming from someone who knows a thing or two about musicianship). I suppose personalities and art/music are all subjective, but I'm not seeing why you would hate her as a person. Just curious.

Last edited:

bam

Established Member
Why do you hate who she is? I've heard some interviews and seen a few videos and she seems like a normal person who loves art and culture. She's also a talented musician/songwriter (even if you don't like her style of music, but this is coming from someone who knows a thing or two about musicianship). I suppose personalities and art/music are all subjective, but I'm not seeing why you would hate her as a person. Just curious.

Maybe I should have said I hate her as an artist? If you're a talented musician/songwriter, let that be your basis for fame, not being an obnoxious whore.

oldmodman

Established Member
Stay home, watch the history Channel, go to sleep early and sober.

Then you will honestly be able to say to them the next day "I should have gone with you"

Users who are viewing this thread