I CAN'T DECIDE!!! help!

WPGFORDGUY

Established Member
I am in the process of finding a replacement for my current car.

I drove a GT500 on friday, nice car, lots of power, not what I want though.

Drove a '00 Cobra R, 2 weeks ago and loved it

Want a S281SC.

The dilema is

take my GT500 when it arrives in April
Buy a '00 Cobra R and a nice daily car
Buy a S281SC, and probably need to buy a daily car.
Try and buy a PJ in the spring?

the total Budget is $60,000 including a 4x4 for winter ( I'll use the left overs for the 4x4 )

I am also open to other suggestions as well, used is fine, must be ford, have an 560 RWHP 04 Termi Vert right now as well, so I dont need another Cobra.

chuckstang

Established Member
Sorry only you can answer this one

I think since you are in a GT500 forum
99% will say go with that. I am no different.
You will love it

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I am in the process of finding a replacement for my current car.

I drove a GT500 on friday, nice car, lots of power, not what I want though.

Drove a '00 Cobra R, 2 weeks ago and loved it

Want a S281SC.

The dilema is

take my GT500 when it arrives in April
Buy a '00 Cobra R and a nice daily car
Buy a S281SC, and probably need to buy a daily car.
Try and buy a PJ in the spring?

the total Budget is $60,000 including a 4x4 for winter ( I'll use the left overs for the 4x4 )

I am also open to other suggestions as well, used is fine, must be ford, have an 560 RWHP 04 Termi Vert right now as well, so I dont need another Cobra.

Can't understand why you wouldn't like the GT500 but everyone is different.

A 2000 Cobra R is a very special car that will be worth quite a few bucks in the future. But they really were meant to be driven. They need a few mods to drive on the track and if you ever take it to the track I can guarantee you'll be hooked. (and I'm not talking about a 1/4 mile track either!)

I can't tell you a lot about the S281SC but the PJ is a pretty cool car albeit expensive. (can't understand why you wouldn't like the GT500 but like the PJ?)

Some food for thought!

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

broeli

Established Member
Out of all those I'd probably pick the '00R or the PJ. Not sure I'd daily drive the PJ though either.
You say the GT500 isn't what you want even after driving it...therefore you shouldn't even consider it imo.

WPGFORDGUY

Established Member
Bruce, It's all about curb weight for me I'm afraid. iirc both Saleens are aluminum block.

The GT500 is a fine car, but not what I want. I ordered anyway a few months ago.

(dare I say it feels way too heavy for me, I am a SOLO I & II guy ) like that hasn't been said before... i know, i know

I liked the way this one acts. 500hp, 3300 lbs

SVTHopful's pic. I spent some tim ewith it at Barrett-jackson in 06

http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v51/204/14/505151429/n505151429_1453_1081.jpg

Last edited:

Mikesan

First Mustang
Established Member
You already said you don't like the GT500, so why not tell the dealer and let him sell it to someone who does. The Cobra you have now seems to fit the bill. Get a 2004 or 2005 4.6L 4WD F150 for daily driver/winter needs for $15,000 and bank the remaining $45K until you find the car you really want.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
is solo autocross?

i would not trust the pj engine specially if your going to run it at high rpms all day long.

i feel you have 2 choice here. get the gt500. mod the hell out of your car.

20k on your car with a twin screw and suspension!
40k on a 08 350!:rockon:
i specifically would go for the kb blower and the full gr40 suspension. the problem with this route is you will not get your full 20k back out if you sell. but i can garrantee that your car will have better power/weight and better handling than any car you mention above.

here is qoute and a thread about the gr40 suspension....
http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=421594
watts link is coming.... i can say the gr40sla is bada$$... i got to pick my car up in Nov. at buttonwillow for the svtoa event.... drove it on the track and had a blast... there where a few guys that came up to us and asked what the car had in it as far as motor work.... i asked why... they replied we cant catch you... i told them the motor is stock... its the new gr40sla from griggs... there jaws dropped.... they had anywhere from 75 to 150 or more hps then i and still could not keep up... this car is incredible... point and go.... that's it
his car(r u trippen)
buttonwillow05GT033.jpg

buttonwillow05GT046.jpg

buttonwillow05GT013.jpg

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
Why is the GT500 listed as one of the 3 you may get if you do not like it?

Why waste money, wait until something else comes along.

I think you should consider the 08 vette for what you want, also wait for a Shelby GT350!

WPGFORDGUY

Established Member
lemme fill in a few blanks

You already said you don't like the GT500, so why not tell the dealer and let him sell it to someone who does.
I am a partner of a Ford dealership,
The Cobra you have now seems to fit the bill.

It's a nice car in the classifieds..for sale
Get a 2004 or 2005 4.6L 4WD F150 for daily driver/winter needs for $15,000 and bank the remaining $45K until you find the car you really want.

I'd rather drive a $8000 nice full size bronco which is in the equation, Iam done with my $60K money pit, i'd like to put a whipple and a nice short block in it, but I am bored with it. ( even though it runs faster than lots of high end exotics on a solo I or Solo II course ( yes autox) and single time trial on a road course.

Now the next question is "Why not just take a F350 King Ranch for the winter?" because it costs the company too much money

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
lemme fill in a few blanks

i still dont understand...

are you keeping the 03/04 svt money pit?

do you want another money pit? if yes buy another new mustang!

i thought you wanted the best performance mustang and a 4x4 for 60k? is this untrue? i assumed you had cash when you mentioned this number!

the pj is over rated but has value. if you do want a better performance mustang build an engine and suspension ground up in a mustang gt.

WPGFORDGUY

Established Member
I have the 04 ( money pit in a bad way) on the market now,

I have a deal on my 05 ( money pit in a good way) for May of next year, I'll drive it to then.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
get whatever the hell you want. your comments still do not make any sense to me!

if you want a car with little travel and a hard ride get the r!
if you want the best mustang you can by right now get the 07 svt!

Users who are viewing this thread