i/c tank question

crazylou

Established Member
what is the benifit of a large ic tank to a small one like canton's little one???

i have a afco duel fan h/e and meziere pump, was wondering if i really need a big tank for a street car...

i like the looks of small tank doesnt take up all kinds of room...

**tried to search for this but didnt really find the answer i was looking for...

thank you for ur input...

(for instance jarad's grabber blue cobra has a small canton on it and its big blower, big hp)

crazylou

Established Member
it holds more coolant so it will have better cooling

ok yeah i understand that but is that really the case, because if u think about it their is really nothing cooling it in the tank so its just getting heat soaked and waiting to circulate, compared it a smaller 1 constanly circulating... and this is what im kinda stuck on...

maybe im just over thinking it a bit but thanks...

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Could go with a large tank in the truck :) ...That really cleans up the engine bay & keeps the Eaton super cool!

2012-07-29172555.jpg

2012-07-29172528.jpg

2012-10-06121402.jpg

Mystic03

Established Member
ok yeah i understand that but is that really the case, because if u think about it their is really nothing cooling it in the tank so its just getting heat soaked and waiting to circulate, compared it a smaller 1 constanly circulating... and this is what im kinda stuck on...

maybe im just over thinking it a bit but thanks...

ill occasionally open my IC tank just to make sure its flowing and ill stick my hand in it and its cool water so the H/E and bigger tanks IMO work

I've never believed in a bigger tank for the street. So much heat under that hood...

The benefit for a track duty car goes without saying. But a bigger h/e is really all that you'll need on a street car.

03 silver cobra

Established Member
For the street I really love the killer chillers but for track use a bigger tank def. helps out, the bigger the tank allows more fluid so u can take on more heat

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
My main question with these is why use a metal tank which will get hotter and hold heat easier over plastic. This is why metal intakes are not used anymore

Sent from my DROID RAZR

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
insulate it, & get a KC...say hello to IAT2's under a 100*

The only way to go. Remove the HE insulate all hoses and everything else you can including the reservoir. Nothing will touch it. Ice cold fluid all the time if it is done right!

Users who are viewing this thread