I broke my swaybar.

JohnsMyName

Established Member
So I hit a really bad pot-hole on Sunday, but aside from a bone jaring thump no problems... untill last night of course. I hit another small pothole (damn Rhode Island roads!!!:fm:) and started hearing clunk clunk clunk every time the car jostled a little. Sure enough I checked under the car the next morning and the rear right swaybar is hanging down, broken right after the bend where it connects.

So my question is any good brands for replacement, places to buy from, and what I am assuming should be a pritty easy install, wright-ups?

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
that is a pretty common failure, it happened to my 96 after about 5 yrs, and i have read many others on here that it happened to them too

i just got a new one from ford and put it on

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Very common issue.
A very common fix is the Roush Rear swaybar. It's under $70. And much better quality

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Don't waste your time looking for a Roush rear swaybar. They don't make them anymore.

About 8 months ago I managed to get my hands on one of the last 4 or 5 that were left.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
I was actually looking at the Eibach anti-roll kit myself. Any thoughts on it?

dilireus

Established Member
Happened to me back in 2001. Bought a Steeda replacement, but it didn't fit with the factory lower control arms. Haven't had one since. Come to think of it...it should work with my new lower control arms. I wonder where I put that damn thing?

Smoked SVT

Established Member
Broke the one on my 96 gt. It was the drivers side and man was it annoying on the drive home. Every bump made it rattle. I currently dont have one on the cobra and dont really care.

got4valve

Established Member
rhode island roads are terrible , ill second that one

where in RI are ya , idk if ive ever seen you around i drive a zinc yellow 03 with black saleens

Users who are viewing this thread