I Bought a 2005 Saleen

Ex-'93 Cobra

Established Member
ReducedFat said:
Somebody want to explain this vacuum powered dumps thing to me?

I believe it as simple as the valves to allow exhaust to flow out the dumps open furhter with more pressure. Thus giving better backpressure for TQ, and lower operating noise at lower rpm ... and the louder sound and most importantly flow to exploit power in higher rpms.

Reduced Fat: As previous stated by me, this appears to be the 325 HP NA base model with some options .... due to lack of standard rear "wing".

The only apparent option to my retainment of knowledge at present being the Saleen upgrade wheel/tire combo with chrome.

Daves91coupe

Established Member
They really cleaned up the look of the 05 with that car. My only problem with it is the wheels. Anything more than 5 spoke with the eception of some bbs style wheels, just dont look right on a mustang.

Stroked03

Mobile paint works
Established Member
Nice car man To me saleens are turn key cars. They just don't bolt stuff on and call it a day. 40+ Isn't bad for a "turn key car" I built mine from the ground up with simmular parts in the end i could of bought a blown saleen and called it a day. :cryying: <<<<ME

bullitt3055

Established Member
That's an awesome ride for sure. Too much $$ for me though. I bought my 2001 DHG Bullitt # 3055 there at Galpin. They had several specialty cars there back then but too far out of my budget.

Users who are viewing this thread