I became a meat crayon

LS WUT

Established Member
THAT was a plus! So sorry this happened, but man, it could have been worse. I'm praying you have a faster recovery than the last prognosis of . IF you can back on a bike down the road, be EXTRA cautious from here on. Accidents on bikes, as you know, can be horrendous. But again, the plus is that you're alive and didn't get hurt even worse.
Get Well Soon Love GIF by sendwishonline.com
Thank you so much Bob, always a pleasure to hear from you. I think no matter what when you go down you’ll want more gear. As I said luckily the road rash didn’t affect my palms or anything. I wish I could say I’d be more cautious, however if I had foul play I’d agree. This was a mere fluke, I’ll be sure not to triple check everything is okay with the bike I’m on. It’s two wheels, not four. Anything can happen.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
That looks pretty bad, but definitely could have turned out worse. Glad you're OK, and I hope it all heals up real quick.

LS WUT

Established Member
That looks pretty bad, but definitely could have turned out worse. Glad you're OK, and I hope it all heals up real quick.
For sure man, I’m blessed to say the least. Thank you so much for the kind words. I’ll be able to update you guys next week more. Tuesday is my MRI. Takes 2-3 days supposedly for results

01yellercobra

Established Member
Damn dude. Glad you're still around. Let yourself get better.

A few years ago a friend of mine was on a bad motorcycle accident. Ended up doing a superman over the hood of a car that cut him off on the freeway. He was messed up and in a couple casts. But he's a lot better now. Walks normal and all that good stuff. You'll come around too.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Hoping you are on the mend with no long lasting problems. My friend laid down his bike twice for people pulling out in front of him. After the second one he found out his wife was pregnant so he sold the bike. He loved to ride but was afraid a stupid person would make his kid fatherless. That was 22 years ago and it is only getting worse.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
This is why I don't f with anything that has less than 4 wheels. I had to crash a number of times/things before I finally made that rule for myself. Sorry to hear about this, that looks rough! But I guess it could've been worse in a lot of ways.

Get better dude, here's to a full recovery!

LS WUT

Established Member
Sorry to hear man.
Hopefully a quick recovery and definitely listen to your body and therapists.
-J
Thanks for the kind words James. Doing my best buddy, I haven’t listened to them yet. I don’t believe their diagnosis just yet. I’m gonna keep fighting the good fight.

LS WUT

Established Member
Hoping you are on the mend with no long lasting problems. My friend laid down his bike twice for people pulling out in front of him. After the second one he found out his wife was pregnant so he sold the bike. He loved to ride but was afraid a stupid person would make his kid fatherless. That was 22 years ago and it is only getting worse.
Thank you sir. It’s a tough choice, or had become one as of lately in regards to riding. I’ve opted to ride mostly at night or early morning due to traffic becoming more and more increasingly intolerable. I am not married, nor do I have children. However I do have others who depend on me, been reflecting on what my choice will be when this is all said and done. However it was nobody’s fault other than my own, and the bikes mechanical points. I can’t say I’m giving up the bike life just yet, however it all depends on how my recovery goes. If I don’t feel the same or can’t have the same function with my leg as before then it might be time. Only time will tell brother.

LS WUT

Established Member
This is why I don't f with anything that has less than 4 wheels. I had to crash a number of times/things before I finally made that rule for myself. Sorry to hear about this, that looks rough! But I guess it could've been worse in a lot of ways.

Get better dude, here's to a full recovery!
Thanks for the kind words, and wishful thoughts truly mean a lot sir. It could have been a lot worse. Luckily it was on a smaller bike at a lower mile an hour versus my liter bike doing something stupid or reckless.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I anticipated a thread from you explaining what happened and I fully expected you to be casts, laying in a hospital bed…super glad to see you are far from that (Not to take away from your pain and obvious injuries). Count your blessings knowing it could have been way worse. Praying for a good recovery.

Don’t make any rash decisions on your cars or bike. Take some time, enjoy your family, let it all sink in a bit before you start selling stuff. Try to enjoy the downtime.

Definitely wise to get more than one doc opinion. Keep us updated on everything!

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Ouch! But glad to see someone didnt post a thread of another fallen SVT'er.

Speedy recovery dude, no matter our age, we still learn from our mistakes, dont blame yourself for it if you have. Those months will pass by quick and you'll driving those sweet rides soon!

Last edited:

FJohnny

Established Member
Really sorry to hear this. Hope you recover really well and a lot faster than anyone says you can.

While you're on downtime maybe have a look around for one of those GF/wife things. They are great for telling you to be careful and what to not do. And, when you don't follow their advice and get banged up, they can fetch you a beer and save you from having to painfully get your own.

Hang in there, man!

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Glad you’re here to post about it.

Keep those skid marks cleaned up. Hopefully the knee turns out okay.

LS WUT

Established Member
I anticipated a thread from you explaining what happened and I fully expected you to be casts, laying in a hospital bed…super glad to see you are far from that (Not to take away from your pain and obvious injuries). Count your blessings knowing it could have been way worse. Praying for a good recovery.

Don’t make any rash decisions on your cars or bike. Take some time, enjoy your family, let it all sink in a bit before you start selling stuff. Try to enjoy the downtime.

Definitely wise to get more than one doc opinion. Keep us updated on everything!
Of course brother! I didn’t really want to post a thread in regards to it, unsure if it was merely due avoid hurting my pride that I want down, or what. However you guys are like family, so I should share the ups and the downs regardless.

I’m not going to make any rash decisions for sure. I’ll exhaust other options before I make any hasty moves. Luckily I still got the hellcat that I can drive in the meantime to help give me some of that itch. I’ll be sure to keep you guys updated on the progress!

No I completely agree with you. In hindsight I got out of this one rather unscathed compared to many others. I’ve lost a few good friends along the last few years. Thanks again for the kind words my friend. They mean a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread