I am thinking that Ford should build a new 6G550/7G650 car with car R-model performance.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
It would be a limited run of track ready cars. It will be a 2024 Cobra-R.

It will have no radio and certainly no A/C. It will be big on power and handling. It's faster than the Dark Horse with lower weight and better handling. It needs no fancy interior but a very large cooling air and oil system.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

It will have no radio and certainly no A/C. It will be big on power and handling. It's faster than the Dark Horse with lower weight and better handling. It needs no fancy interior but a very large cooling air and oil system.

They are!

2024 GT3. lol

Mustang-GT3-Hero.jpg

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member

I don't think Ford will ever build a R that is street legal as we know it. They've been very successful with the variants produced as turn-key racers and then they don't have to worry about running them down the assembly line, emissions, safety, etc. All we have are the 93, 95, 00 and the stripped down 350R that was offered for just a year or two.

Tom

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Well dont forget that Ford and Multimatic are pretty tight now, after the FGT, and now the Bronco R. Ford has also really recommitted to racing, including a LeMans run again..... Who knows what might come next......

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Well dont forget that Ford and Multimatic are pretty tight now, after the FGT, and now the Bronco R. Ford has also really recommitted to racing, including a LeMans run again..... Who knows what might come next......
I have a feeling they'd make a mach eR before they ever make another mustang that resembles the cobra r

Cobra Therapy

Established Member

I agree!!The 13-14 GT500 should have been the last.The new ford performance gt500 should have been the COBRA R!!SHELBY wanted his cars to be affordable which the new ones are not.SHELBY would not have wanted the same block that was in the GT350 to be the same one in the ford performance gt500.A new 351 should be made with 900hp and put in a new COBRA R!

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
OP is obsessed with Cobra R's.
I happen to think that the Mustang R brand name could be used to sell new cars.

But, the corporate theme today is to sell EV cars? This is not working well as the Ford pick-up and the Mustang E are losing millions of dollars with falling year-to-year sales.

I'd take the new S650 chassis and add some parts from the GT350/GT500 and get it done with a Mustang that could do a lap 20 seconds faster at Road America than the last 2000 Cobra-R.

q6543

Established Member
There IS a dark horse R reveal at the end of the month, probably sub 200k maybe even less.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I am not a Ford engineer, but I can think of 3 engines that can fit in the new 650 Mustang chassis.

If you make a brand, you should use it to sell more cars. I'd use the new platform and add a great engine. It is the 2025 Mustang Cobra R. I'd pay $100K.

2025GT3.jpg

Cobra Therapy

Established Member
I am not a Ford engineer, but I can think of 3 engines that can fit in the new 650 Mustang chassis.

If you make a brand, you should use it to sell more cars. I'd use the new platform and add a great engine. It is the 2025 Mustang Cobra R. I'd pay $100K.

View attachment 1801638
They need to bring back the BOSS 351,with a new 5.8 in it.700hp and N/A,9000 RPM!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

View attachment 1801638

$100k? Sounds a little light to me.

Users who are viewing this thread