I am the Sentra guy!

black03SVT

Established Member
I think things have gotten a little out of control on this site. I really do not think that anyone on this site has anything against fast cars. So if you drive an import stop trying to tell us that we have no respect for for someone who works hard and mods a four banger to over 400 hp. I really do not want to hear it from you or from someone who drives an 03.

I do have a problem with guys like turbob15sentra (or whatever the hell his name was) who come on here thinking that just because a fellow 03 got beat by sentra we should all bow down and give the muscle car crown up to him becuase he builds them. Not only that, he comes on to an SVT site acting like he knows more about OUR cars than we do. Along with that he brings the usual BS about durability of american cars and that really pisses me off. (not saying that a taurus will out last an accord but you know). Turbosentra has none of these characteristics and that is why we are appreciative of his post. He speaks the truth and does not exaggerate the race or the car.

Also, Most people who buy Cobras buy them for the exclusivity of owning a quick car that is relatively inexpensive and will hold its value. And someday it will be a classic. In turn Cobra owners appreciate import vehicles that hold a similar value.

I dont know about anyone else but if I could pay $200,000 for a Ferrari does not mean that I would get one. I think its a waste of money for a car.

So please try to unstand the type of people that we are and stop trying to convert us. And please stop posting because you are also degrading our site. Nice car Turbosentra, if I did not know you or your car and you had the guts to come up to me and ask me to race I would probably say "No" in fear of losing to a sentra. I dont trust a man with that kind of confidence.

Just my .03 (Cobra Sense)
Peace
Gabe

Hammer

Established Member
Nice job building the sleeper. But I am sure that, for a Sentra, the low 11-second zone means lots of breakage. The car's running above it's means. Been there, done that.

03 Cobras can run in the low 11-second zone easily with the stock engine and drivetrain...all day; every day for years to come.

Bring that coffee can down to Atco NJ sometime. I'm puttin on drag radials and we got JT on hand. JT's got a healthy appetite for coffee cans.

Yeah, our 03's got something for ya.

:thumbsup:

turbosentra

Established Member
I said I was not replying, I am sorry for going back on that one. Thanks guys for being cool. I have actually had the car together for two years running boost. I rebuilt one motor during that two years and that is the one I am running now. It has forged 8.5:1 pistons in it because I broke a ring land in the previous one. That is all as far as internal modifications. I broke three clutches before finding a good strong one, some things you can't cheap out on, plus they are only 8.5 inches in diameter. I drive about 75 miles per day and I am comfortable going anywhere in the car. I never claimed to be the first to do such a feat, and a new 03 cobra sure would be nice but unfortunately I can't afford one anytime soon. I went and rode in my buddies twin turbo mustang cobra last night. I built the turbos for it and helped him tweak the electronics. Talking about a rush, that is some power!! You all have a good one!

raiders03

Banned
crappypooface, nice name,

Shows how much you know. You know nothing about rice. I used to have a stock 95 Integra GS-R with exaust and a Greddy turbo. No internal mods. I ran it at 12 PSI for over 35,000 miles and never had any problem. It had 320 HP at the wheels. I'm not a hater I'm just telling u how it is. I think that Sentra is a piece of shit. I'm allowed to have my opinion. The fact is for 10,000 dollars you can buy a piece of shit like that and make it one hell of a fast car. Put a drag Turbotronics on an Integra GS-R you will have 400 HP at the wheels no internal mods. It would smoke my 03 Cobra. I love driving my 03 Cobra alot better than my old Integra even though it was fast.

raiders03

Banned
Boy, good thing you put that in there....Someone might have gotten the wrong idea...

**** you boy!
I don't think you can get the wrong idea from that.

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by raiders03
Boy, good thing you put that in there....Someone might have gotten the wrong idea...

**** you boy!
I don't think you can get the wrong idea from that.

LOL. No, that was pretty direct :xpl: Thanks for sharing....:p

3rdstang

Established Member
Man don't hold anything back raiders03 I mean come on! Tell us how you really feel!:p

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by raiders03
Yep, I tend to call it as I see it. Keeps things interesting.
Interesting, maybe. Appropriate in the '03 forum, not. Please keep the profanity and name calling in the Smack Down forum...

crappypooface

And about integras...must be easy to do a turbo job when all you need is put in a big kit. Prob never even used a stand-alone or a piggy back system. Thats ok, I wasn't here to argue...just stating how difficult it is for the sentra guy in a market only intended to suite hondas. Actuall I might be an intern for Honda's American division if I don't join up with GM. I talk to those guys alot(kissin up and all), and they said the 1.8L internals aren't safe past 14psi. Sooooo... I enjoy all fast cars, but I like to here about original mods more than a bolt up job. And holy F**Kin SH!t. Twin turbo stang..........yummmmm. What kinda WHP is that thing puttin out. I was trying to get my M.E. dept. to ***d a project similar to that, using a 427 BB. They weren't so interested. They like diesels.:bored:

Users who are viewing this thread