I am the Sentra guy!

turbosentra

Established Member
Hey guys, I am new on this board and I am not going to respond to anything that is written on this thread, I just wanted to say a couple of things and that is the only reason I registered here. I have had a 88 coupe with a 416 stroker in it, and I currently own a 1966 F100 tubbed out with a big block in it. The Sentra is just my daily driver and it is fast. I drive it everyday and it runs low to mid 11's it does not handle great and the breaks are for sh*&. However it is fast and I do like to race all kinds of people in it. It seems some people have taken this post, which I did not know was going to be sent out, I little too personal. Any way just letting you all know that I like all kinds of cars and that I do not consider my Sentra a POS, and I do not consider it superior to anything, I have seen many taillights from other cars before. I do want to clarify one thing though, my car on tires runs 1.7-1.8 60ft times and if and when I do run someone else and I know that it is going to be nationally known I will try to get it right so there is nothing to complain about. You all have a good one and maybe I will see you on the road someday.

turbosentra

Established Member
One more thing just for clarification, I was emailed several times about this. There is no NOS on the car it is all boost and lots of it, and pump fuel only.

Good day!
and
Thanks David!

3rdstang

Established Member
Fast car and one heck of a sleeper. I respect about anyone who builds up and races cars period. Seems like lately there has been a lot of $hit slinging going on on the boards here. Most of the guys and gals on this board are very cool people that are here to help other SVT owners and share experiences.
Ok personal opinion time-
1.There are a lot of old stereotypes that people need to drop. Nuff said.
2. Another thing, call me nieve here but man there is one helluva lot of misinformation out there about the 03 cobra. It is obvious a LOT of people coming over here from other boards and making posts and replies have probably never even seen/ridden in/driven/raced an 03 cobra. Hell, half of them have probably never read an article on it they're just going off other peoples comments. That is one thing that really :gt:
3. Sometimes, we (as in SVT owners members of the board etc etc) have just got to ignore some of these idiots and hope they go away. Half the time there just trying to bait you and get everyone fired up about something.

Relax and go drive your cars folks!

turbosentra

Established Member
Again I want everyone to know that the car in the video and the person driving it, is not who is fussing on the video thread. Just making that clear to everyone. I have recieved some hateful e-mails. I have not even posted a reply to all that is being said, so please do not confuse me with everyone that is argueing.

Another thing the 03 cobra in the video is a buddy of mine, it is not like we are enemies or something. I wish I could justify or afford owning a 03 cobra or lightening truck, and I would have one.

Thanks
Stephen

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by turbosentra
Again I want everyone to know that the car in the video and the person driving it, is not who is fussing on the video thread. Just making that clear to everyone. I have recieved some hateful e-mails. I have not even posted a reply to all that is being said, so please do not confuse me with everyone that is argueing.

Another thing the 03 cobra in the video is a buddy of mine, it is not like we are enemies or something. I wish I could justify or afford owning a 03 cobra or lightening truck, and I would have one.

Thanks
Stephen

Stephen,

I don't think anyone has any problems with you. You seem like a respectful, nice guy. TurboB15Sentra, or whatever his name is, is the one who got everyone riled up. He's pretty similar to a Canadian guy named Carlos that I met once (claims to have a "10 Second on street tires" Prelude). Can't seem to show anyone else's ride any respect, yet wants it for his. What's up with that? Personally, I think it's pretty amazing you can build a Sentra to do that and look so STOCK. BTW, does it run 11's on street tires? That would have to be PITA to launch :D

turbosentra

Established Member
No it runs that on 24X7X13 slicks. I have recently purchased some 15" wheels and tires and they seem to hook decent on the street but I am not one to speculate, I am more of a show me type person. I really do wish that everyone would let this die down some, I am sure everyone believes in what they are saying but come on guys just let it go.

mosconiac

Established Member
turbosentra: I thinks its awesome what you have done with your car. Must be one he11uva fun ride. The looks you must get when you blast by each victim...man, I wish I had a sleeper like that.

I'm curious how far you've gone into the motor. Have you gone inside or did you just pipe it up and light the fuse? I hope it stays together for you. Did you suffer any major damage during the race?

Have fun, Mosconiac

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Hey guys, I am new on this board and I am not going to respond to anything that is written on this thread, I just wanted to say a couple of things and that is the only reason I registered here. I have had a 88 coupe with a 416 stroker in it, and I currently own a 1966 F100 tubbed out with a big block in it. The Sentra is just my daily driver and it is fast. I drive it everyday and it runs low to mid 11's it does not handle great and the breaks are for sh*&. However it is fast and I do like to race all kinds of people in it. It seems some people have taken this post, which I did not know was going to be sent out, I little too personal. Any way just letting you all know that I like all kinds of cars and that I do not consider my Sentra a POS, and I do not consider it superior to anything, I have seen many taillights from other cars before. I do want to clarify one thing though, my car on tires runs 1.7-1.8 60ft times and if and when I do run someone else and I know that it is going to be nationally known I will try to get it right so there is nothing to complain about. You all have a good one and maybe I will see you on the road someday.

That's one wicked sleeper you got there.. you'd fool me with it for sure.

cobrablue

Established Member
hey turbosentra, no enemies here. got to give it to you for getting the power your getting out of that little sentra. didnt think it would hold up without a big boom. the point to it all is no matter what you drive have fun and drive safe. some people really need to get a grip.
:)

darkhorse

Established Member
I think your car is badass. Talk about a sleeper. Good job on that one. Put that mind towards fighting the Taliban.....:beer:

IRON MACHINE

Established Member
turbosentra,
where can I learn more about building up something like your car? I need a good winter car, and a small front driver with a little boost would be great. I don't want some winged wonder, but a sleeper like yours would be perfect. I'm always amazed by some of these little turbo cars - I had a 944 Turbo that was amazing after cranking up the boost skyhigh. Although it was constantly breaking everything from suspension, to trans to stupid electrical things.

Lomancobra

Established Member
Originally posted by mosconiac
turbosentra: I thinks its awesome what you have done with your car. Must be one he11uva fun ride. The looks you must get when you blast by each victim...man, I wish I had a sleeper like that.

I'm curious how far you've gone into the motor. Have you gone inside or did you just pipe it up and light the fuse? I hope it stays together for you. Did you suffer any major damage during the race?

Have fun, Mosconiac

Yeah, the video indicated that you blew something. What happened?

raiders03

Banned
turbosentra
You think people really care about losing to that Sentra of yours. Anyone can bolt on a turbo to a 2.0 liter and force feed it 25 psi. Big deal. I bet you only get about 100 miles out of each motor. I seen Integras on street tires hit low 11's high 10's. All had ported heads and 20+ PSI. You act like you are the only one out there with that set-up and everyone in here is so butthurt. Turbos are the most upgradable mod you can get. There is no limit to the boost(PSI). Not to be a dick.

vcmoore

Established Member

Thanks
Stephen

Yes guys, Stephen and I are good friends. As a matter of fact, the '66 Ford he speaks of, I sold to him. I have no problem with the fact that Stephen pulled me, neither should anyone else. Stephen's car is a good second in the 1/4 quicker than me, so what???

For the critics:
There have been some hateful remarks to Stephen that are totally uncalled for. You were not the one that got beat, I was. I don't have a problem with it, neither should you. If you want the right to complain, you should have been the one running him.

For the people who have questioned my "driving" ability...what a joke. What more "driving" could be done??? When you're at a roll, in gear, no clutch or tire spin, WTF more can "someone" do? The only "driving" done was gear changes, but the sentra was pulling on on the cobra at WOT in gear. Granted those were granny shifts, but even clean power shifts would not have made any difference!

Heaven forbid anything on the planet to be faster than an 03 cobra. Those people who blame that loss on driving ability, are probably the ones least qualified to make such a statement in the first place. Fastest 03 cobra in BG ran what a 10.98??? Mine would probably run low to mid 12's on street tires...so I guess there are no other vehicles, specifically a sentra, that is faster than that??? Oh please. And by the way..."IF" Stephen runs as "high" as low 11's...that leaves a lot of 03 cobra's in sight of his taillights.

Please note guys that this is not directed toward anyone who has replied in this thread. I just saw where Stephen had responded and I wanted to step in with my support, especially since he has received some hateful email. Meanwhile, while the rest of the automotive world continues to blow this way out of proportion...Stephen and myself will be having a beer.

:beer:

Peace.

Last edited by a moderator:

crappypooface

Actually there are so many limits to boost you could not believe. This guy has a nice car and has done tons of research. An Integra cannot handle 20+psi without being internally built. Trust me, I am a mechanical engineering major who has worked with nissan and honda turbos. I also work with large turbo diesel trucks. A nisan SR20DE is special because it can handle 400hp reliably, without internal mods. A honda or acura usually needs help past 250 or it will not last too long. This guy has a fast car, and I understand alot of people with turbo's do. But The nissan crowd does not have very much aftermarket support for the SR20. I do like Mustangs(not as much as Vettes;-) ) but I have to say you guys do have it alot easier for modification. Just wanted to clear the boost thing up because the ammount of tuning and enginuity that goes into a high pressure turbo system is very great. I would like to buy an 86' Turbo SVO Stang some day. I hear they are pretty sweet.

GERBROCK

Originally posted by raiders03
turbosentra
You think people really care about losing to that Sentra of yours. Anyone can bolt on a turbo to a 2.0 liter and force feed it 25 psi. Big deal. I bet you only get about 100 miles out of each motor. I seen Integras on street tires hit low 11's high 10's. All had ported heads and 20+ PSI. You act like you are the only one out there with that set-up and everyone in here is so butthurt. Turbos are the most upgradable mod you can get. There is no limit to the boost(PSI). Not to be a dick.

Yea , and ANY one can go out and buy a new Cobra and be fast ..... Yea I think the new Cobras are one of the coolest cars out there , but to diss on someone who has spent Hours building a fun , very quick ride is crazy !!!! And for the info , with some minor suspension and brake mods that Sentra would leave the '03 Cobra in the dust on any Road course ..... My brother and I built a '93 Infinity G20 with a STOCK Bluebird SR20DET , set the boost to 13 lbs with a 3" exhaust on slicks ran 13 flats all day , pretty impressive if you ask me , and very driveable !!! Hung with more than a couple Cobras and SS Camaros on the street ..... I dont know why we are all so "we have the best " That Sentra is one awesome car ... as well as the New Cobras being one of the best Factory Hot Rods I have seen in a while !!!! Build what you want and respect others that build Clean Quick rides and we will all have much more fun !!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread