I am so MAD right now!!!!

Friendchicken

Brad, her point is that she has pre-arranged a test drive and drove 115 mi to take it. If they didn't want test drives on the car, you think maybe the salesman should have told her that b4 she wasted 7 hours of her life?

Please let me know what he says Tammy, I want to hurt the dealer now to make things right if I can. It's gone way beyond money right now. I know how embarassed you felt cause I felt the same thing.

terminatd

Established Member
98kobra

It sounds like B***N B**S, they are known to be 5% over MSRP with cobras and very shady-i had a bad experience with them 10 yrs ago and went to another dealer same car 2k less.
Did you take the car?
As of two weeks ago Coastal and Richport had black coupes coming in (MSRP) unspoken for (that is what they claim). We ordered a vert from Coastal due next week, excellent to deal with so far.

Good luck?

Berke

Super Genius
Established Member
Originally posted by tammy
I am so MAD right now!!!!

Oh did I mention I just bought a 40k car from there sister dealership?

I called my sales guy and told him what happened and you know what he said well when will you be back in flordia!

I would'nt buy a damn coke out there drink machine!

I called XXX dealer and tell them my pilot they say "come on you can drive one here".

I said I want the SM --told him I wanted the car if he'd do D-plan he said 1500 off msrp I said D-plan and he said he'd call me tomorrow.

Car or no car I will not purchase from this dealer so I will loose my car over this, so I'm shopping for a Cobra and the first dealer I find accepting D-plan has my sale.

I have never been treated like this from any dealer my whole car buying days!

Please decipher what was said? I guess alot of people are not familiar w/ the their there difference. Ooh, there's also they're to make things more difficult.

What's D-plan? Heard of A, X, & Z, but not D.

Do people reread these things before they press the submit button?

Last edited:

Friendchicken

Hey terminatd, yes I took the car home. I'll never go to BB for anything again and tell everyone I know. Richport, I found didn't have sales people that were "excited" about the svt products, so I am leery of them cause the average consumer knows more about them than they do.

Coastal is top notch tho. Very low pressure, willing to go the extra mile on pricing and service. I want to get a lightning in a few years, that's where I am going.

Both you and Gord are lucky SOBs to talk to them first/last :-D

Oh well... I think I'll go for a drive to remind myself why it was worth all the hassle :thumbsup:

BTW, love this board... hard to find real people on the Internet these days.

Friendchicken

Re: Re: I am so MAD right now!!!!

Originally posted by Berke
Please decipher what was said? I guess alot of people are not familiar w/ the their there difference. Ooh, there's also they're to make things more difficult.

What's D-plan? Heard of A, X, & Z, but not D.

Do people reread these things before they press the submit button?

Give her a break... she's venting

Ever been so mad that you didn't give a rats ass if you spell checked or not?

Berke

Super Genius
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: I am so MAD right now!!!!

Originally posted by 98kobra
Give her a break... she's venting

Ever been so mad that you didn't give a rats ass if you spell checked or not?

Nope!

In an earlier post you mentioned you "wanted to hurt the dealer". I think you need some anger management classes if something so minor in the grand scheme of things makes you want to hurt someone.

You don't want to hurt me now, do you?

Last edited:

Friendchicken

Re: Re: Re: Re: I am so MAD right now!!!!

Originally posted by Berke
Nope!

In an earlier post you mentioned you "wanted to hurt the dealer". I think you need some anger management classes if something so minor in the grand scheme of things makes you want to hurt someone.

You don't want to hurt me now, do you?

If you take it out of context, then sure... anger managment classed are recommended. However, if you read/understood what I was writing about, "hurt the dealer" implies taking an action that would make a dealer think carefully before they tried to take advantage of a situation such as mine again.

Please excuse me for trying to protect the next guy. :rollseyes

I don't want to "hurt" you, but you are coming off sounding like a real ass. If you have nothing of value to add, why not go stir your crap up in smackdown?

Berke

Super Genius
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I am so MAD right now!!!!

If you take it out of context, then sure... anger managment classed are recommended. However, if you read/understood what I was writing about, "hurt the dealer" implies taking an action that would make a dealer think carefully before they tried to take advantage of a situation such as mine again.

Please excuse me for trying to protect the next guy. :rollseyes

I don't want to "hurt" you, but you are coming off sounding like a real ass. If you have nothing of value to add, why not go stir your crap up in smackdown?

Because I found this illiterate post here, not in smackdown.
It's quite simple, speak intelligibly, and people won't comment on it.

Brad

Banned
Brad, her point is that she has pre-arranged a test drive and drove 115 mi to take it. If they didn't want test drives on the car, you think maybe the salesman should have told her that b4 she wasted 7 hours of her life?

Please let me know what he says Tammy, I want to hurt the dealer now to make things right if I can. It's gone way beyond money right now. I know how embarassed you felt cause I felt the same thing.

A valid point, I wonder if the sales person who set that up had any idea what was going on. SVT dealers are not suppost to test drive cobras, and if they do, its on them when no one wants it. Sucks to drive all that way for a test drive, but then again, why do you even wanna test drive it? If you got 40k to drop on a stang expect it to be an amazing machine. Hope everything works out for you :-D

tammy

Established Member
Brad and Berke I'm sorry you have trouble understanding my comments and figuring out what has upset me so that you might could offer thoughts. Sometimes if you read a post and have nothing to contribute you should just skip it and go help someone you can understand better.

98Cobra I will let you know what comes of the Managers actions. I totally disagree with not testing a car be for you fork over 30k+ for it. And thanks for trying to support this post as you can relate to my mistreatment by my x dealer. As I said I got on the phone and and in 20 minutes (time it took to drive there) another dealer was happy to offer me a test drive in a Cobra. Like you stated if there was gonna be a problem all they had to do was tell me BEFORE i made the trip:shrug: . Having put up some money on the MACH surely they knew I was buying a car very soon and from them. I mean how much more of a committment did they need? I can't believe you got treated that way by your dealer and had no other choice. I would surely would want everyone I could tell to know it so you might could prevent someone else from having that same thing happen to them.

D-Plan is a relative working in the dealership. My brother works as a GM in a ford store and has offered me one of his at that pricing plan only I'd have to drive over 700 one way to get it. But I will if I need to.

Thanks for all the other helpful posters on this thread.

In my defense I typed that post at 2 a.m. in the morning.:rollseyes

Blue

Established Member
I'm torn here. I hate to hear of anyone having a bad experience thats in anyway related to a Cobra, but on the other hand I wouldn't have bought a car that had been out for a test drive. I do hope everything works out for you though.

Rclone

Established Member
I know im new here and all but if i were treated in this fassion at the dealer i would not return. Infact the ford stealer has been so hostile toward me and my father I would never buy from there as long as I live. To be honest that experience makes me wonder if i will ever buy a new ford at all. Ill just buy fox bodys from private seller that are nice and usually honest... The dealer NEEDS you. You dont need them at all..
Philip

Users who are viewing this thread