I am so MAD right now!!!!

tammy

Established Member
I am so MAD right now!!!!

I just drove 115 miles to "my" dealer in Jacksonville with whom I called this afternoon and scheduled a test drive of a GT and Cobra mustang with. I get down there and my sales person has gone for the day and left me in "good" hands. Well Mr. Goodhands is with another person. I ask the guy at the front desk if he'd mind making a copy of my insurance and DL while I was waiting for my test drive to begin. He says what are you here to drive and I tell him. THIS PERSON LAUGHED IN MY FACE PEOPLE! I was outraged and madder than hell to be blunt! I explained to him I have a Mach1 on order and a DEPOSIT down on it but thought my husband might like the cobra and I had prearranged this test drive and had drove quite aways to do the test drive. AGAIN HE LAUGHED IN MY FACE AND TOLD ME I COULD DRIVE THE GT BUT NOBODY WALKS IN HERE AND DRIVES A COBRA. People I thought I was gonna pass out I was so damn mad! Oh did I mention I just bought a 40k car from there sister dealership? I told him "is that right" he says yep that's right I told him to give me that sheet back with my info on and I would go to xxx dealer and drive one. AND I DID!!! I called my sales guy and told him what happened and you know what he said well when will you be back in flordia! OMG these people have nerve! I would'nt buy a damn coke out there drink machine! I called XXX dealer and tell them my pilot they say "come on you can drive one here". I asked for the SM I talked to and he put me with the nicest guy who exclaims to me Mrs. Woodard point to what you want to drive and I'll pull it up for you! I drove the GT first. Then we come back and he says which Cobra would you like me to pull around for you. I say it does'nt matter. He brings me this beautiful black coupe and crawls in the back seat and says take your time and enjoy your ride. OMG did I ever. When we got back he handed me a card and said if I was interested he'd be glad if I'd GIVE HIM A CALL. I said I want the SM --told him I wanted the car if he'd do D-plan he said 1500 off msrp I said D-plan and he said he'd call me tomorrow. I thanked him for the test drives and told him i understood if he could not do d-plan and have a great evening. He replied I WILL call tomorrow I just have to see if D-plan could be doable. I thanked him again and left with a wonderful experience. ohhhhhhhhhhhhh i feel so much better thanks for letting me vent. I am not through with "my" dealer I will plan my attack well and get a damn apology if nothing else. I think Blue Oval maybe hearing from me! Needless to say I'm OUT! Car or no car I will not purchase from this dealer so I will loose my car over this, so I'm shopping for a Cobra and the first dealer I find accepting D-plan has my sale. This has been an enlightening experience in customer service for me. I have never been treated like this from any dealer my whole car buying days! I'm so disgusted, but I feel somehow I will get some satifaction out of this whole ordeal.

02 ACURA MDX (my baby)

:mj: :mj: :mj: :mj: :mj: :mj: :mj: :mj: :mj: :mj: :mj: :mj: :mj: :mj:

03DOHC

Established Member
HAHA! I had almost the same treatment from San Bruno Ford and Sunnyvale Ford. They can both KMFA! Take your business elsewhere as I did.

Untouchable

Established Member
Damn, I get flamed just reading that!:gt: :cuss: :mj: :cuss: :gt: :cuss:

I would have made a BIG scene! Who
the hell do they think they are?!?!?!?!?

Friendchicken

I hear ya on that one Tammy. My dealer (the first salesman I dealt with) has said that I could put down a refundable deposit and that I would get it for MSRP. I put down the cash in May and had them write the deal with the car, $1k down refundable and MSRP.

Well, after spending 3 hours with their insurance dept I was finally in the business managers office to finalize the deal cause my car was in.

I look at the final invoice and I see a +$2,000 dealer adjustment on there that they had no intention of telling me about till I looked at the screen. I explained that I had a deal written for MSRP. The finance manager said ok, hold on.

In walks the general manager. He starts spouting off how we had this conversation months ago about dealer markup and how much he wanted down to bring the car in, blah, blah, blah.

We did dicuss how much they wanted for deposit ($5k) but I didn't see the reason for them to hold 5k for 6 months when 1k is enough for them to place my order. He could not answer why I would decide to pay $1k over MSRP when I already had ink on deal for MSRP, he just kept stating that it was "what you agreed to over the phone"

Anyway, my girlfriend and I are sitting in the office, the the GM is YELLING at me, saying we had an agreement (apparently over the phone) and that original paper means nothing... telling me to kiss my deposit good-bye if I left without the car.

Not only that, but they bent me over hard on my trade-in underbidding all the other dealers by $2k.

So, here they are belittleing me, calling me a liar and raping me to the tune of 2k on my trade in and 1k on my new cobra (parked just ouside the window), just spent 3 hours in their insurance office, telling me to take a walk if I don't like the deal.

Now, in Canada, if I placed my order with another SVT dealer, I would have to wait another 6-8 months for one to come in. And the GM of the dealership knows this and knew how bad I wanted that car for the past 6 months.

I have no clue how I should respond. I thought about writing the owner of the dealership, but it would fall on deaf ears cause he hired the bastard GM in the first place.

I thought about writing Ford, but what can they do? This dealership holds all the cards in this city as far as SVT and I am just an angry young buyer.

The salesman I was last dealing with (The 3rd one that has had to take care of my file) said that if I bring the survey into him, he'll give me a free tank of gas.

If I return the card to SVT with my comments, it will get back to the dealer cause they bribe everyone with those things and they can pretty much guess it was me (only 3 cobras delivered this year) and I can kiss my service goodbye in the repair centre if the car breaks, and any participation in their annual track events.

Folks, I know I should have walked away and ordered somewhere else, but I was mentally exhausted, fed up, and so upset at how they were treating me, I just wanted out of that place. This has absolutely nothing to do with buyers' remorse or not being able to afford the car. I could/should have kept my trade in.

Does anyone have suggestions what I should do?

Last edited by a moderator:

Friendchicken

Not to mention I asked for a black coupe with no spoiler.... what was delivered? coupe WITH spoiler!!!:mj:

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by 98kobra
Does anyone have suggestions what I should do?
Give them a crappy review when you get your survey! I just received mine and gave my dealer a glowing review. Sorry to hear about your experience.

GordsFord

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Hey 98kobra!

It's Gord from Vancouver. Where did you end up buying from? That sounds like a horror story!

My experience at Coastal Ford in Burnaby was excellent.

Give me a call on my cell at 604 649 3533 to compare notes.

Gord

Friendchicken

Originally posted by GordsFord
Hey 98kobra!

It's Gord from Vancouver. Where did you end up buying from? That sounds like a horror story!

My experience at Coastal Ford in Burnaby was excellent.

Give me a call on my cell at 604 649 3533 to compare notes.

Gord
I'll give you a shout tomorrow. Thanks Gord.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Hey that’s my combo my wife has a 2002 Acura MDX and I have a Sonic Blue 2003 Cobra

Dealerships suck. Did you get laughed at by the sales person or a secretary? I hope the other dealership treats you right the 03 is awesome.

tammy

Established Member
Acutally, I was laughed at by the Manager of the Dealership! My brother is the GM a ford store (far far away unfortunley) and I'm sure he will tell me how to get next to these folks where it hurts. This car was a surpise for a Christmas present for my husband. I was so upset I came home (even after supper and the long drive) still madder than ..... He was waiting up to see how my "shopping trip" when I spilled my guts about what had happened. OMG he was ready to kill them, told me not to talk with the again if they called he would "handle" it. He plans to "visit" them. Anyways the way I was treaded at the second place was like absoulte gold. I maybe not get d-plan from them or buy from them but I certainly will tell everyone that asks what a get exp. I had with them.

98Kobra I would do "something". I'll let you know what my brother infom's me will get them the worst. He has mentioned to me how being SVT is a prilvedge and how Ford Blue Oval means something to them. I'll let you know for sure if I have any luck. My husband wants a written and verbal apolgy from the Manager, and the Sales person. Not to mention MY deposit back!

Thanks to everyone for lettingme rant about this it was so demeaning and embrassing for me. I have to tell you I'm not your average gal and it's not easy for me to drive that far on a whim. We have 2yo triplets and that's not easy for me to get out like that. We have our own business and my husband actaully closed up an hour earlier to come home to let me have some "down time" and go down there. Dang I just get mad talking about it. You guys are very awesome bunch thanks for the support in my venting

BTW TOOFAST/ Is'nt that MDX and awesome car? I love my X I know your wife apreiciates her's like I do mine. Lots of love and LOTS of Zanio makes the Black just beautiful. Have you found www.acuramdx.org? Great Bunch over there as well.

Last edited:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
The only local SVT dealer (at the time) held my deposit check for four months before informing me of the $10,000 mark-up... I asked them which lake they would like to jump into. Waited eight weeks and drove 200 miles.

NORTHSIDE FORD :bash:

P.S. Same dealer that beat on racerat's car...

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by tammy
We have 2yo triplets

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
More power to you I hope they are girls. My daughter was cake compared to my son, 3 of him and we would be dead.

Originally posted by tammy
BTW TOOFAST/ Is'nt that MDX and awesome car? I love my X I know your wife apreiciates her's like I do mine. Lots of love and LOTS of Zanio makes the Black just beautiful. Have you found www.acuramdx.org? Great Bunch over there as well.

Yes she loves only thing is it has bad gas mileage for a 6 I think she averages 16 mpg. I will check out www.acuramdx.org? the new model 2003 is suppose to have a more powerful and efficient motor. You act like my wife she doesn't care what I get as long as it’s not a Corvette, she has a theory correlating cheating with the Corvette.

tammy

Established Member
2 fast that's to funny! the corvette thing that is. This car is my husband's down time. My X gets about 18 on the hwy and YES all girls.:)

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Tammy,

Couple of things come to mind. Get the Cobra from the people who let you test drive it. Then... drive that Cobra down to the PITA dealer in Jacksonville, Florida. Pour on the honey when you walk in the door. You know... all smiles etc.. cancel your order on the Mach 1. (make sure you park the Snake right where they can see it)

You could even offer the salesperson a ride that set up your test drive... you know... "for old times sake" Get a mile down the road, pull over and tell him to get the "F" out.

In defense of the salesperson for not being there.... (which if an appointment was made, there is almost no excuse) but... in my short time working "in the car business"... if I had a dime for every customer said they would be in at XXXX to see me and didn't show up... heck I'd a stayed in that business forever.

tammy

Established Member
I should tell you my sales person told me he might be gone. But his buddy x would be abreast of me coming and handle the test drives for me. We own a Used car dealership and I totally understand that I'm coming RIGHT you guys get. But they had my money and knew I was considering the cobra for a week or so and I don't understand why I was refused. I have a valid license and full coverage insurance card for them and I'm 33 years old. I understand not wanting everybody to drive one but I don't consider my self and everybody. I'm a serious buyer tired of waiting on my Mach and I'm READY to buy a car. I mean would i need to perpurchase the thing for a dang test drive?

wcoxsr

Established Member
please go to ford site and and make a statement that will go to svt guys, they will hear about it. they could loose their svt dealership license over such things. And you could get your d plan after all from ford itself. But, i will say, they do want to hear about this. they want to solve these kind of problems. So, dont let this go by, contact them and tell them what you know and dont back down.

tammy

Established Member
Thanks so much for that info. Can you tell me where and under what and to whom I need to send this to?

Redwing

Established Member
Tammy, sorry to hear about your problems. I ordered my Cobra in May from Markville Ford in Toronto, Canada, at MSRP and without a test drive. It was delivered August 29, and was worth every second of the wait. The dealer is like gold, the service is fantastic, and I absolutely love the car.
Steve

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
Tammy,
Sorry to hear about your experience. I had a hard time finding an 03 in the Jax area also. I have a good relationship with a salesman who sold both p3pete and me our cobra's for msrp. I was able to test drive mine before signing the papers. PM if you want his info, I think they have a blk coupe on the lot. I would avoid Mike Davidson Ford, dont know if they were dealer XXX or not.

jason

Brad

Banned
You can't blame them. You dont need to test drive a cobra to know if you want it or not. Them having a cobra in stock at this point would be enough to warrent buying it. Assuming you put 5 miles on it, and didnt buy it. If I was to walk in the door and see it had 10-15 miles on it, I would pass it right over. Dealers know people who are going to buy a cobra look at the mileage first. Its just the way it is. The laughing in the face was a little harsh, but still, they were right to not let you take it out.

Users who are viewing this thread