I am Legend, that wasn't a GT500 you were hearing in the movie

ANGREY

Established Member
So,

Cars and coffee this weekend. Most interesting story about a Shelby I've heard in awhile.

Guy at the meet has a silver terminator that he bought/brought from Cali. He says the original owner worked in the film industry and the car was used in the film "I am Legend." Says they filmed the GT500 in the deserted scenes in NYC but used the termi with a ported Easton (for more whine) at a sound stage in Cali. Apparently, during the sound recordings they blew the motor and the studio actually bought a replacement motor for the car. Guy has all the invoices (paid by the film studio) notes, etc. Blew my mind that in the movie, that's a termi sound terrorizing the abandoned buildings of NYC, not a GT500.

96gt02

Established Member
Thats pretty awesome and actually makes a lot of sense, my GT500 whine is way more quite then a terminator with similar mods.

ANGREY

Established Member
It's a 2003 SVT Cobra, Silver. It's been repainted. Car has like 130k miles on it, but looks super clean. Replaced motor has like 50k miles on it.

I just remember what an awesome scene it was in the movie when the new GT500 came out and it blew my mind that's not a GT500 motor sound.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Cool info. Very interesting, and definitely something Hollywood would do.

07-12 GT500s came with the same factory cams as the Terminators, but we got the Ford GT heads. Ironically enough, the Ford GT head is a slightly modified 2000 Cobra R head.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Umpossable!

CF89-B5-C2-DF91-4-CCA-8-A01-125-FD74-D7629.png

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread