I Am Back to the SVT family again!

coketo

Silver Snake!!!
Established Member
Sold the cobra early last year and recently after a few months of searching I finally found a Black 03 Lightning. Its bone stock which is a plus! except the wheels of course lol. Drove it back from NC all day today and LOVED every minute of it . For the meantime is sitting in the garage waiting on some funds to be able to do a full maintenance and hopefully this weekend changing those wheels. Any tips on maintenance or what to do to this type of trucks will be greatly appreciated! Anyone in the Washington DC area let me know will love to meet people here and learning more about this trucks as well, thank you! :pepper:
03 Lightning.jpg

4a7191a

Established Member
Set aside 2 hours and some beer for the first plug change. Tr6 ngks is what everyone runs.

Drop the trans pan and install a punisher valve body if they're still making them . super easy to do and change the filter while in there.

Cold air , cat back and throttle body on stock tune . anything more including pulley change will require a tune

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
^^^ might as well set aside the day lol.

if theres no oil separator its time to yank the blower and clean the intercooler too. Do NOT separate the intercooler from the midplate, those bolts are TTY.

as mentioned, check the FAQ

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
As the other person stated definitely do a spark plug change. An oil separator is a MUST!!! It will keep your supercharger and CAI clean. Once you open that supercharger and see the mess you will crap your pants. I cleaned mine out and ported it and got the seperator.

Very nice looking truck

Dusten

Established Member
Set aside 2 hours and some beer for the first plug change. Tr6 ngks is what everyone runs.

Drop the trans pan and install a punisher valve body if they're still making them . super easy to do and change the filter while in there.

Cold air , cat back and throttle body on stock tune . anything more including pulley change will require a tune
Stock boost... stock plugs.

coketo

Silver Snake!!!
Established Member
Thanks guys for all the advice! The truck is currently sitting on jacks! found some new wheels :D I would like to keep my L close to stock as i can some with some very minor mods. I have been searching for the intecooler cleaner how to but i cant seem to find it anywhere! :( I just wanted to know what would i need before hand to be able to put all back together once i remove it and clean it. Anyone close to the DC area!? that would like to help :D thanks again

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
no gaskets or anything need to be replaced when pulling the blower and intercooler. I just put my intercooler in a 5 gallon bucket full of purple power for a couple hours while I did the plugs and such. Hosed it off real good and bolted it back up.

Dusten

Established Member
no gaskets or anything need to be replaced when pulling the blower and intercooler. I just put my intercooler in a 5 gallon bucket full of purple power for a couple hours while I did the plugs and such. Hosed it off real good and bolted it back up.
Ic to lower intake is a paper gasket.

coketo

Silver Snake!!!
Established Member
so gaskets are re usable? I was also thinking about stoping by a Ford Dealer and get some spark plugs and also some coolant as well then.

Dusten

Established Member
The gasket between the supercharger and intake are re-usable. If you take the plenum off the supercharger, it will need a gasket.
The midplate to intake is also metal and re-usable. The IC to midplate gasket is not reusable.

coketo

Silver Snake!!!
Established Member
Is there a new post or link that is current on how to remove the intercooler with pictures? Also anyone around my area thats willing to help? :D ...

Dusten so when removing the IC do not disconnect the midplate.. pull it out as a whole? and clean it out that way?
Thanks for all the tips!

Jeff

Dusten

Established Member
Is there a new post or link that is current on how to remove the intercooler with pictures? Also anyone around my area thats willing to help? :D ...

Dusten so when removing the IC do not disconnect the midplate.. pull it out as a whole? and clean it out that way?
Thanks for all the tips!

Jeff
That would be my recommendation

As far as a how too, not sure. Remove stuff attached to blower. Remove 8 bolts holding blower down, remove blower, remove 4 more bolts at back of midplate, remove ic hoses, remove midplate. Reverse.

Users who are viewing this thread