I always liked our hoods.

SlowSVT

Established Member
I think that depends on the area. I see more Mach's than Cobras around here. I rarely see a 99/01 Cobra. If I do see a Cobra it's usually an 03/04.

I probably see 3-4 Terminators a year on the street here in So Cal. I see about a dozen SN95 Mustangs a day.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
WS6 craps on the 99/01 cobra in the looks department IMO. Its a parts bin car.

That being said, the stock 99/01 hood is my 2nd favorite hood. 03/04 being #1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member

Parts bin? Lol I guess you forgot about the 99-01 front bumper?

01yellercobra

Established Member

Parts bin? Lol I guess you forgot about the 99-01 front bumper?

And the amber tail lights...

And don't forget the 01 seats and rear bumper were a one year only thing. I actually miss my 01 seats. I think they were more comfortable than my current seats.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Pfft I got the crappy 99 cobra seats yeaaah not so much.

03 10th anniversary red insert seats will be in my car someday I keep telling myself that atleast!!!

SlowSVT

Established Member
Pfft I got the crappy 99 cobra seats yeaaah not so much.

03 10th anniversary red insert seats will be in my car someday I keep telling myself that atleast!!!

10th anniversary seats will be hard to find............ I think you want 04 seats :coolman:

I love the 03/04 seats best car seat I ever sat in bar none! They cradle your body perfectly if your of average build. The best compromise between a full-on racing seat and a touring seat. The dark charcoal gray 04 seats are the best looking IMO and won't get "dirty looking" as quickly. The things I hate about them is the drivers seat weighs 60 lbs! Those would be the worlds greatest seat it they weighed 30 lbs. I wish they made a manual seat without all the motors and compressors. Once you adjust the seat you rarely change it and all that stuff is just sitting there adding poundage to your car. The early GT500 seats were a downgrade I think they took that retro thing a bit too far, not sure if the later models got any better but I imagine they did.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
10th anniversary seats will be hard to find............ I think you want 04 seats :coolman:

I love the 03/04 seats best car seat I ever sat in bar none! They cradle your body perfectly if your of average build. The best compromise between a full-on racing seat and a touring seat. The dark charcoal gray 04 seats are the best looking IMO and won't get "dirty looking" as quickly. The things I hate about them is the drivers seat weighs 60 lbs! Those would be the worlds greatest seat it they weighed 30 lbs. I wish they made a manual seat without all the motors and compressors. Once you adjust the seat you rarely change it and all that stuff is just sitting there adding poundage to your car. The early GT500 seats were a downgrade I think they took that retro thing a bit too far, not sure if the later models got any better but I imagine they did.

If you really wanted to, I'd bet you could yank all of the power BS and swap the tracks for a manual track. I know the 99 passenger seats were manual, bound to be a manual driver's seat track out there somewhere. Not sure how much weight that would take out. I hated my 99 seats and I got tired of shopping for 03/04 seats, so I picked up a seat of used Corbeaus. A little difficult to get into, but really nice once you are in there.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
You could think that but you'd be wrong. Red car = why I want the red insert 03 anniversary seats. Will I ever drop that much coin for a set of seats? Hell no, not with a race car that needs new tires, because it always needs new tires.

01yellercobra

Established Member

What's the difference between the 03 and 04 seats? I've sat in both and didn't notice anything. The only things I really haven't adjusted on mine is the seat bottom. But that's because my motors aren't working and I haven't cared enough to tear into it to see what's wrong. I'm imagining it needs some good cleaning and greasing.

You could think that but you'd be wrong. Red car = why I want the red insert 03 anniversary seats. Will I ever drop that much coin for a set of seats? Hell no, not with a race car that needs new tires, because it always needs new tires.

TMI might come up with the seat skins some day. I can't imagine it being that hard. The only downside to the straight leather is that you slide around a little more. Especially after treating the leather. That's what I miss about the 01 seats. The alcantara held me in place a little better.

Users who are viewing this thread