I <3 Microsoft...

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
So, my company was recently bought out by Microsoft and at first I was scared of possibly losing my job. I just got my job offer on Monday and let's just say I am beyond Ecstatic at what they offered me. I am making a HELL(!!!) of a lot more than the $34k I was making before. My lifestyle is going to change pretty significantly in the near future and I will be looking either at new cars or completely redoing mine. A new one would probably be a nice term or 02 z06.

I have been excited about it all week. My new salary starts in a month to a month and a half. I have been at my company 2 years and I have stock options and stock in Microsoft now and their benefits are some of the best around. Best of all I get to stay in sunny southern California (Microsoft HQ is in Redmond WA). I am 20 years old by the way and have 2 years towards my degree in computer science. Let's just say I have a VERY good start in my career and I really like where I am headed at the moment.

Microsoft title: Operations Engineer :-D

Just wanted to share. I'll be posting a poll sooner or later on what to do about my car situation. :beer:

Euphoric One

Uncommon Sense
Established Member
Congrats man! Google is probably the only other company I can imagine working for that is on the same level with Microsoft. You have a very prosperous career in front of you.

DiZzyBonne

Established Member
so by "a hell of alot more money" what exactly are we looking at? 50-60k range?
Didn't anybody ever tell you it's rude to ask other people how much they make?

...so, how much? :lol1:

On a real note, congratu-****ing-lations! What exactly are you going to be doing?

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
Cool........................

so how much?

ColorMatched

grayongrayongrayongray
Established Member
Congrats, I'm in for the new salary # as well..

And you said you live in SoCal right? I'd imagine $34k isn't as much as it is in certain areas, no?

albino96

Established Member
so by "a hell of alot more money" what exactly are we looking at? 50-60k range?

I'm not really at liberty to say since at least one of my co-workers is on here, but if you go on glassdoor.com it will give you reasonable estimates for positions at various companies. My new position is on there. I think you may have to post one first, but if someone does it and posts a link to the page anyone can see it.

albino96

Established Member
Congrats, I'm in for the new salary # as well..

And you said you live in SoCal right? I'd imagine $34k isn't as much as it is in certain areas, no?

You would imagine correct. I live in Anaheim at my grandpas old 7 bedroom house paying 500 a month with 9 other room mates. I managed to pay for my cobra though!

I'll be looking at a pretty nice apartment after I save some money for a few months.

Users who are viewing this thread